Complaint Review: Aargon Collection Agency

• Submitted: Mon, July 04, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, July 04, 2011

• Reported By: Danny D. Halll — Denver Colorado United States of America
Aargon Collection Agency

Aargon Collection Agency told to go to pay.aargon for payoff report. Can not find this site. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Correct web address

I pulled my credit report and on Experian was an old hospital bill that was not paid.  Being on disability I thought possibly with all my medical bills maybe one fell through the cracks and was not paid.  I called Aargon Credit agency and arranged to pay off the debt with my credit card.  After the transaction I asked agent how long it would take to remove the debt from my credit report. The agent told me to go to Pay.aargon.com in a few days to print out a payoff report.  I went to pull up this site and can not find it.  I don't even know if the charge to my credit report is legit or not.  I do know that I cannot afford to pay for something that might not be mine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2011 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aargon-Collection-Agency/internet/Aargon-Collection-Agency-told-to-go-to-payaargon-for-payoff-report-Can-not-find-this-s-749011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aargon Collection Agency

Correct web address

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

This is an old complaint that may have been remedied by now, but I thought I'd chime in to set things straight for anyone who happens upon this.

I had a small medical bill that slipped through the cracks when we were paying all the others, and I got Aargon's name from my credit report. The company site is Aargon.com. Their payment site is payaargon.com. I was able to make a payment and print my payoff letter from payaargon.com. I did have to call the company at 1-800-280-1183 to get the instructions for how to print the payoff letter, but the gentleman was very polite and helpful.

You will need your 10-digit account number. Once you log in, you can make payments right there. If you need to come back later (like I did), you can skip a step or two by going straight to payaargon.com, no http, no www Just payaargon.com. Enter just your last name and account number, and you can scroll down to a link to view or print your bill or payoff letter.

The person who posted this mentioned going to pay.aargon.com. There is no dot between pay and aargon.