Complaint Review: Aarons Lease To Own

• Submitted: Tue, March 23, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, July 08, 2010

• Reported By: KC — Parkersburg West Virginia United States of America
Aarons Lease To Own
1500 Grand Central Ave Vienna (Location-F492), West Virginia United States of America

Aarons Lease To Own This Co.'s Left Hand Does Not Know What the Right Hand is Doin'-Sold me a Crappy Computer & it's paid off - but they don't see it that way-BS Vienna ,Location-F492, West Virginia

*Author of original report: Aarons does Not honor their coupons-They make you Over-Pay

when I first brought this computer home, it worked alright, my payments on a fixed income were over $100.00, but I work some on-line to keep me doing something.

Then into the 3rd month, it started to rear it's ugly head & reacting like a troubled child on crack.... Yes, & every month they would call claiming I need to come in & pay my bill which I already Did, I pay the first of each month & sometimes the day or 2 before. I pay on-line, I don't drive & it is noted in my file with them & mail, well that is another issue of things getting lost or delivered to the Wrong address & being kept by who ever.

I told them this thing is ready to Go! I do know alittle about the workings of machines, it used to be my life, plus I have unusal hearing- I told them the power supply sounds like it is ready to cash it in & the hard drive has been showing signs of the same. Well, no one listened.

I was informed back in Dec-09 that the piece of crap I had been paying for -that I only had abit over $300.00 owed on. my payments on this pc of crap were over $100.00 a month, so seeing that- I only had about 3 months left. ok.

Now I foolishly went in there in Jan-10 with that $100.00 off coupon for a new agreement item & purchased a camera-I need my head examined... I paid the $14.90 - 1st payment-got $25.00 off & the other $25.00 would be taken off of the last payment-coupon only worth $50.00 due to camera's price-BS!!!

On the worst snow,sleet & colder then a well diggers a** afternoon-Feb 26th 2010 - the crack child Died! what a surprize & right in the middle of printing a customers shipping label.

I called Aarons store in Vienna & told them, they say they can't do anything till I call HP support & get a claim # - that they no longer pick them up for repairs without HP tring to fix the problem- It's Dead!

Ok, Hp support, they have me run the dignostic tool as I had earlier with same results each time - after about almost 2 hours on the phone-the kind tech person gave me the claim #. I also explained that I can not send in this tower due to I don't fully own it- Aarons Lease does. I call back to Vienna-gave them the # & when can they deliver my loaner. They can't-No one there to deliver one. BS - it is now friday evening & they don't know if they can pick up & deliver the loaner on saturday-due to weather. Great..... I get ahold of someone-we rush there, I get the loaner-which is screwy acting also.

On the 1st I make my payment which on-line since I now have 2 agreements-as of Feb2010-which were suppose to be combined(another bunch of-BS) accept so much on each agreement-alittle over the 100 on crack child - but kindof high on the camera???

I get a call on Feb12th-Yep, it's Aarons,can set your clock to that ring. I am told I have not paid & what is the problem? hmmm, really want to know? Anyway, I tell them I paid on line & what amounts the system would only take, I typed in my usual payment for crack child & it rejected it & gave me a smaller figure to pay so I did-besides this thing is almost paid off & it is Ready to Cash out - they still don't listen, this is 14 days before she bit the big one. & for the camera it gave me a amount to pay, so I did & the guy at Aarons tells me I am not put down to make a payment on the camera yet til March - ok, fine, give me back that over $40.00 so I can by more descent food this month.... they don't work that way---& informs me that both amounts paid went toward the camera & nothing on the computer... well, I told Aarons, that there was 1 agreement# with a payment box & then there was a second totally different agreement# with a payment box - he said he would get it straightened out - must have because their calls stopped for that month...

Well, crack child dies & goes in, it is then the 1st of March - I go online & my 2 agreements are there & crack childs only wants even less this month-just over 60 bucks - I think, yep it's paid up - But Now the camera will not show me a payment it will accept - so I am left playing the guess that price - well, it picks one of over 80! Bucks!!!!

To date- Yep, Aarons calls, when are you going to come in & make your payments?

I have now paid Way over a Thousand Dollars for a new computer That I Do Not Have- it is a POR-prisoner of repairs- whereabouts & info UK.  I am left with a loaner- Also Paid Way over 130 Dollars for a camera that sells for under 65 bucks in stores & at Aarons leases for only 140 bucks, thats counting taxes & ect.- Now shows that I Never recieved that $50.00 off coupon & I understand a company making a profit on leasing, but this is Greedy Insainty - Man, this Blows - Getting Screwed & No Dinner Bought, not even a cheap beer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2010 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aarons-Lease-To-Own/Vienna-Location-F492-West-Virginia-26105/Aarons-Lease-To-Own-This-Cos-Left-Hand-Does-Not-Know-What-the-Right-Hand-is-Doin-Sold-584485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aarons Lease To Own

Aarons does Not honor their coupons-They make you Over-Pay

AUTHOR: KC - (USA)

To Date: computer cost was 1,399.08 then minus a 100.00 off coupon that I brought in. That they Now Claim I Never Had!?

Cost of a lousy broke down old hard drive computer should have been $1,299.08. I had only 1 late charge due to their system would not take my card payment as it had in the past & the money was sitting there. So Not counting that late charge fee, I paid a Total of $1,355.09 Over Paid $56.01. If I had not paid the last over charge that they wanted, they harrasse.

camera: cost was 254.34 then minus a 50.00 off coupon that I brought in. They are Now saying that I had a 100.00 off coupon for this camera, I explained, No, it was a 50.00 off coupon due to the 100 dollar one could not be used due to the camera was not over 500 dollars.

Cost for the camera should have been $204.34. But, they are now harrassing me that I owe More! I have already Paid them faithfully every month around the 1st. the amount of $212.15 there was never any late charge fee for it. I was Over Charged 7.81 on this camera & they keep harrassing, because No One in their stores knows what they are doing.

Remember when my computer was POR? when they got my computer back they did not call me that it was ready. When I had called about my computer, they kept claiming that I had a sewing machine repaired that worked off of a computer??? They Do Not Know What They Are Doing. This kind of stuff went on all thru the month of April 2010.

Toward the end of April they blocked & shut down the loaner. They then claimed I owed More money for that month! I had made my payment for April around the 1st of the month(always the 1st bill paid, in hopes that they would not call with harressing). when I asked about my computer - again they claimed it was a sewing machine that runs off of a computer??? 4 calls later they finally tell me that my computer is there & then states that it had been there for weeks! First I had ever heard of that. But on 4-10-2010 they had done something inside of that computer & I had to call hp for the system disc to run, to bring that computer back to the state that the factory had it in. Not sure what kind of messed up program Aarons ran in it, but it is gone now & back to the factory state that it should have been in.

Yeah I'm pissed off, for being Ripped-Off on OverPayments & told I have stole their camera!?

So total of being Over Charged comes to $63.82 & they Want More Money! This amount may not seem like much to some, but being on a fixed income & being told that I have a piece of Their property, like I am the thief, is very poor business on their part. I told them some months back & wrote them of their error also that I will never ever set foot in their store again!

Recent call from them: they claim that there was a mistake on the computer payments & they will send some papers? Guess we'll have to see what that is all about? Oh & keep your coupons & ads, I don't need more paper to dispose of.

Don't Go To Aarons, Save Your Money & Buy OutRight!