Complaint Review: Aaron's Rent to Own

Aaron's Rent to Own
Hudson, Florida USA

Aaron's Rent to Own Poor Customer service at this location Hudson Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Aaron's Cares - Response

I have been a customer of Aarons for 7 years, I have purchased a washer and drier , complete bedroom set, complete living  room set and was completely satisfied with products.  However I was in market to purchase a computer, so naturally I went to the Aarons store in Hudson Florida to look at computers.  The sales person showed me several units, they had a used computer that was return by a customer and was on closeout price.  So I purchased the computer a Dell Inspiron 7360G97 laptop.  When I went to pick up the unit from the store they could not find the original charger for the unit.

They gave me the unit and told me they would order me a new charger from Dell.  I returned 2 weeks later and found out that they forgot to order the charger.  So I returned a month later the to find out they forgot again to order the charger.  I again left and returned at a later date to finally get a charger, since now the computer was useless completely dead.  Again upon returning they for the 4th time had no charger.  So they tried to find one that worked form loose stock in their store.  And they found one that worked, or so I thought.  However the unit they gave me was not being accepted by the computer and it would turn on computer but would not charge the battery.  I thought the battery was defective so I returned to the Hudson Florida store for a new battery.  They ordered me a new battery at no charge.  When  I got home with the new battery everything was fine for 2 days then the charger was not charging the battery.  So I shut the computer down and put it away in closet.

I went out and bought a another computer from a pawn shop to use.  Now mind you this whole process took over 6 months to come to the point of me putting the computer in the closet.  And I did not mention that the living Room set and a 42" LG television which I am currently paying for now.  Both payments on rent to own total $ 187.41. I am paying $ 225.00 monthly to keep ahead of the payments, and have been doing so for 11 months.

The story continues when I went to the Hudson Florida store to check up on my balance on the TV and living room set giving up on the computer.  The assistant manager told me that both the TV and furniture payments was not being covered by the $ 225.00 I was paying and they were having to pay partial payments each month and I was behind in payments which did not make any sense at all.  So I being very busy with my job just let things go and concentrated of my work  now 1 year has passed since this started.  I purchased the laptop on 5/21/2012, and puchased the living room set and 42" on August 14th 2012.

I was doing cleaning and found the Dell computer in the closet that I forgot about. I took the computer to a service company to update the software and clean up system of any viriuses.  Fantastic company ISwitch Computer Systems and Services.  Robert cleaned my computer and informed me that the reason that the computer was not charging the battery was because the Dell computer did not reconize the charger being used.  Now I mentioned earlier that the charger was not charging the battery, but the truth be told I did not know that cause was the charger until one week ago when Robert told me why.

I went to the Hudson Store to let them know what Robert said and ask them to order me a new correct charger and they said they no longer carry Dell that I would have to buy it myself, and that it has been over a year since the computer has been payed off.  I filed a complaint with Aarons customer service dept and was contacted by a divison manager who said the same thing. They could not help me.

If not for the fact that we have already given Aarons $ 2450.00 for the living room set and TV I would return them.  But sorry to say that they lost a customer, And once I finish paying off the products we will never do business with them again.  BE WARNED.  Bret W

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2013 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aarons-Rent-to-Own/Hudson-Florida-34608/Aarons-Rent-to-Own-Poor-Customer-service-at-this-location-Hudson-Florida-1071702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aaron's Rent to Own

Aaron's Cares - Response

AUTHOR: Aaron's - ()

Dear Bret,

Thank you for your report. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your computer, the way the Hudson store handled this situation, and the inconvenience this has caused you. Aaron's takes these types of matters seriously and I appreciate you for bringing this to my attention. I'd be happy to further assist you and look into this matter.

Your report will be forwarded to the Regional Manager of the Hudson Store. In the meantime, please feel free to send me an email to Response@aarons.com or call me at 678-402-3403 with your name, agreement number, and any additional details you'd like to share. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,