Complaint Review: Aarons Sales And Lease

1024 DUNDAS STREET E. Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Aarons Sales And Lease Aarons continual harassment Mississauga Ontario

*Consumer Comment: Arron's Collections

*General Comment: They are entitled to collect, not harrass

*Consumer Comment: So what you're saying is....

*Consumer Suggestion: Aarons suck!!

*Consumer Comment: Questions...

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: PAY YOUR BILL!!

*Author of original report: I have paid them

*Consumer Comment: Here's a suggestion...

I've read many of the reports here outlining individual experiences with Aarons, and all are from the States. I myself, I'm in Canada and we seem to be dealing with similar situations.
The constant harassment, sending truck loads of men over to intimidate people, my husband was working on his car and they came by 5 times! Every half hour asking for me.
Leaving threating notes that the "authorities" will be called and a "locksmith".
Now, I know my rights, I realize there is no way that the authorities would have a say without a court ordered warrant. As well as locking my doors!! Are they serious?!! Totally ridiculous and not to mention against the law.
My sister was here dog sitting yesterday, I told her not to answer the door no matter what. Sure enough, at 6:45 pm there was knock, then another, then another, then the doorbell, one *ding, dong* after the next. For 30 minutes!!!!
My sister called me during this time and I could hear the constant knocks and ringing of the doorbell.
I now get numerous "restricted" calls daily, no messages left.
Thank christ they don't know where I work. I have spoken to their "accounts manager" many times over the course of a month, but they still insist on harassing me. If anyone has suggestions as to what I may do throw them at me. I'm open to suggestions. They don't seem to want to return my phonecalls and have this situation rectified. I beginning to assume this is how they make their money, letting anyone rent from them, then jacking up the amount they go into your bank from, causing you to have missed payments, then getting it back so that they can rent it out to someone else and do it all over again. Vicious cycle. WOW!! Infact they're at my door AGAIN!! 10Am the next day!!!

Suggestions please!

Loafer
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2008 07:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aarons-Sales-And-Lease/Mississauga-Ontario-L4Y-2B8/Aarons-Sales-And-Lease-Aarons-continual-harassment-Mississauga-Ontario-349098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aarons Sales And Lease

Arron's Collections

AUTHOR: JLynn - (USA)

Yes it's easy to say pay your bill, but to send some goonies banging at your door 830 at night, I was one day late and it was not allowing me to pay on line. I don't know who was knocking at my door no uniform no ID wanting my credit card information. I have two payments left and will never buy from that company ever again!!!

#2 General Comment

They are entitled to collect, not harrass

AUTHOR: bcgirl - ()

everyone here is quick to jump on the pay your bill ban wagon, and i get it! i do! But the truth is no matter what company you work for, you are entitled to your money but you are NOT entitled to harrass or threaten those owing. that is what the courts in place for. I don't like aaron's either. i think all the buy now pay later places are a rip off, but i do understand why people use them. Take notes, pics or video if the harrassment continues and file charges. these companies are not exempt from that. if you are hiding to avoid payment, shame on you, but in some of these cases, that is not the case. also sometimes a hard line with a staff member face to face works. sometimes they feel entitled as employees to intimidate. if they realize you know your rights they will back off. good luck!

So what you're saying is....

AUTHOR: Awfully - (U.S.A.)

You bounced a payment (ergo the NSF fee) and that of course got you a late fee also. You are refusing to pay the late fee and NSF fee that you agreed to when you signed the contract to lease from them. I'm betting your payments were less but now they're taking the amount in full because you fell behind. Read your contract. I'm betting it states that if you become past due they have the right to take the full amount from your payment account. PAY YOUR BILL!!!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Aarons suck!!

AUTHOR: Ragan - (U.S.A.)

I have started a website in hopes of getting information from others, like the above mentioned situation, and starting a class action lawsuit. In my case, they used fraud and charged my credit card with unauthorized charges! Stupis employees of aarons always have the same response (yawn), "pay your bill"..well, we do, and some of us don't even need to use stupid places like aarons in the first place, like me, but the return policy sounded cool, but now, I find I'm in a crap situation, like many others, and it's a legal issue now, because of the fraud, so I have a cse, but I want others to reap the benefits also. Please go to www.freewebs.com/ragan5452 and share your stories with me. You will see what I need to help get you into the case against the company. If you think you have a case, please contact me! Thank you!!!

AUTHOR: Rayden - (Canada)

I am currently a PT (product tech/Driver) for a Aaron's store here in canada....In our store if your gonna be late, just call the store, take to the CAM or GM and set up a date and time that you can pay.., and i could see them wanting to pick up the product if your payment history is poor. If the CAM is alway chasing you for payment, then Yes, they should pick it up, your dealing with a franchise , not a corp store....the owner buys everything up front and then leases it out to make money, if your constantly being chased each month, or over 30 days past due, they have every right to chase you, but their tactics are wrong I do admit that, but you also have to work with them too, If you don't return calls etc...they won't help you, plain and simple.

Questions...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Perhaps the OP can answer this question.

If as you say they are harrassing you by coming to your house and ringing your doorbell for 30 minutes. Why did you or your sister not call the police? It seems that logic would say to call the police to have as documented proof.

If you have threating "notes" why don't you go to the local courthouse with them to get a restraining order against them?

Is it because you actually DO owe the money they say and are trying to avoid them?

One other thing what did you purchase to have them withdraw $800 and $949 payments. You would have had to have been several months behind.

#10 REBUTTAL Individual responds

PAY YOUR BILL!!

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

Stop crying and pay your bill or return the merchendise. You won't answer you phone, your won't answer your door or go in and to talk to them. Guess what they will file file theift charges and then what are you going to tell the judge? You don't know the law as good as you think or you would be paying your bill. What do you have? A big screen, livingroom suite, computer, bed ect. You can live without those things. return the merchendise save your money and pay cash.

I have paid them

AUTHOR: Loafer - (Canada)

...but each month they go in for different amounts, one time they went in for 949.00.
The specific bank account I gave them for my direct withdrawls is specifically for them and my gym. I've been screwed before with withdrawl screw-ups I didnt' want the possibility of any company draining all my money again. Good thing too.
Therefore, I said I would come in to pay whatever was owed, they said the 900 was owed plus late fees and the NSF amount. I refused, but I have offered to pay them cash for the month missed and from then on. They said they couldn't and went in AGAIN for 800$, nothing close to what my monthly payments are, so I closed my account.
So now their files show that I owe all this money, and they told me unless I pay the ENTIRE amount that they've mysteriously made up, they will Repo my furniture.

So theres the problem, I didn't avoid payments, I tried to work with them but they wouldn't have it.
Now I'm moving this weekend and I'm hesitant to give them my new address.
I don't want them disrupting my new neighborhood.

Here's a suggestion...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

pay what you owe when you're supposed to. You signed a contract, if you live up to your end by making payments then they will not call you or come by your house. I've rented from Aaron's for about 3 years now and have had no problem. If I'm going to be late with a payment I contact them (usually by going in) and let them know why and when I'll make the payment. Then I make the payment when promised. Have had no problem.

You mentioned several attempts by company employees to contact you. But you won't answer your phone or your door. That would lead them to believe that you're not planning on paying. Keep the lines of communication open and your payments current and you'll have no problems.