Complaint Review: Aarons Sales And Lease

• Submitted: Fri, June 22, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, January 03, 2010

• Reported By:OKLAHOMA CITY Oklahoma
Aarons Sales And Lease
4731 SE 29th Street Oklahoma City, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Aarons Sales And Lease Aaron's Rent ripoff rude unprofessional fraudulent liars Oklahoma City Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: Posing as Law Enforcement

*UPDATE Employee: Don't Blame the Little Guy

*Consumer Comment: You do techinically owe more

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: 7 years in the r-t-o biz

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ammunition for you

Today I spoke with an Allen in your corporate office I missed his last name. He was inquiring about my computer and why I had not honored the agreement because my account has been transferred to the corporate office for nonpayment. I explained to him that the computer had been stolen. The store did not list this is my records or give a case number per Travis (a store employee). I explained to him how the manager of the store would not cooperate with me or give me the fair market value of the computer. Per my agreement for the computer if the computer is stolen you pay the fair market value of the computer. I had no idea how much more I still owed on the computer.

Because the store manager was busy calling me out of my name, calling me a liar and telling me that I needed to pay my bills. My payments and contract were setup on a monthly basis of $118.00 for 12 months. Travis said the fair market value for the computer is $899.99. This is the cash price of the computer. My payments total $869.76. Travis said I owe additional money the fees associated with leasing the computer. My contract says that if the computer is lost or stolen you pay the fair market value of the computer not the fair market value plus the leasing fee for the remainder of the contract. The computer was due to be paid off June 15, 2007 and yet Travis says my payments are undetermined based on the agreement that can be monthly or semi-monthly and since he can change it to whatever he pleases semimonthly I owe 9 more payments on the computer.
When I did pay I never paid $65.32 the semi-monthly payment. It was always $100 dollars or more in one month.

Allen asked me what could he do to resolve this account and stop this from going on my credit. I never want to do business with Aarons again. The store manager told me that I was lying; he didn't believe my computer had been stolen. He sent people by my house over in the middle of the night posing as police officers flashing flashlights through the windows. When confronted and told that the police were being called they immediately changed their story and said they worked for Aarons and to not call the police they were trying to pick up a computer.

The 90 day same as cash on this computer was $376.47. The cash price is $899.99 I have paid $869.76. Enclosed is a money order for the additional $30.23. I have also enclosed a copy of the police report for your review. I wish that someone would realize that I have paid for this computer 3x already. I wish someone would realize that my front door was kicked in and I lost an investment, not just one but also several. I am single parent and my son loved that computer. He lost a Playstation, a game cube, all his games, and his computer. I am not a thief. I am not trying to steal a computer. It was stolen from me. I did not make $869.76 worth of payments and then decide to scam you our of the remainder. I don't doubt that people do just that but I am not one of those people.

Nia
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2007 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aarons-Sales-And-Lease/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73115/Aarons-Sales-And-Lease-Aarons-Rent-ripoff-rude-unprofessional-fraudulent-liars-Oklahoma-C-256250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aarons Sales And Lease

Posing as Law Enforcement

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

Posing as law enforcement is a class c or b Felony its definately a felony you should have called the police for that alone.

Don't Blame the Little Guy

AUTHOR: Disgruntled Employee - (U.S.A.)

Let me start by saying that I do currently work for Aaron's and I am a product technician. In all honesty its not completely the PT's fault.

1. Lots and I do mean Lots of merchandise that we carry comes damaged or missing knobs or cables and sometimes even destroyed.

2. The product techs do not have anything to do with service issues beyond the point of going to someones house to evaluate whats wrong and relay the info to the Sales Manager who is entirely responsible for all service issues in the store.

3. The PT's are not allowed to order anything at all for the store including replacement parts. That again falls on the Sales Manager.

4. The PT's are not allowed to schedule anything on the daily book which includes Services, Deliveries and returns. Yet again this falls on the Sales Manager.

Im not saying that it was the Sales Managers fault in any way but it seems that there was a serious lack of attention to your problem. As far as the clock goes, Don't feel alone. Those clock's have been a major thorn in my butt for the last 5 years. The older models are a pain to put together and were almost always cut wrong to where the pieces would not fit together correctly. If yours was the one that had the small triangle glass shelves inside then im sorry but that model was a disaster to deal with. If anyone has ANY questions about Aarons Sales and lease don't hesitate to email me. Ill give you the corporate number so you can take the fight right back to them. As far as the employee kicking on your door you should have called the police first then contacted the store. That is completely unacceptable. I don't like idiots giving the rest of us a bad name. I am a hard working PT who actually likes my job. So far its put food on my table for my kids so im not complaining.

AUTHOR: Cc - (U.S.A.)

I was reading things on Aarons to see what I might find. They have debited my account twice without my permission! The second time just this past Friday! I was told by my bank to file a claim, so I am. This Aarons used to be owned by a place called Showcase and they were taken over by Aarons. It is interesting becasue the people who work there that worked there before used to be really happy and friendly. They are still friendly with us; we have been customers of Showcase for a long time. But you can tell they are not happy with their job. I am sure it is because of the way Aaron's does things. Once this last item is paid off we will not be doing business with them again!

AUTHOR: Cc - (U.S.A.)

You do techinically owe more

AUTHOR: Aaron - (U.S.A.)

But if you brought in the police report and had paid that much most would have wrote it off and sold you a new one.

It doesn't sound like you brought in the police report and I am wondering if you even files one.

Next time don't have your friend steal the computer. Wait you didn't do that? Guess what? Without a police report that's the only sane thing to think. You should have gotten a police report and you should have brought it with you.

It's that simple.

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

7 years in the r-t-o biz

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

rent-a-center, magic, and aarons....

heres what you do....

get copies of all your paperwork..... contract, receipts (or at minimum some statement of what you paid or how much was left) AND police report.

write a nice letter..... on yellow paper. (you can get colored copies at kinkos.. or somewhere)

explain the situation.... the managers attitude.... the employees behavior... your thoughts....

and send the copies to....

1) the manager
2) the district manager
3) the home office

if the manager refuses to provide those addresses.... to the district manager and the home office... MAKE SURE that you mention that as well.

now, with me.... even when the manager sees how serious you are and backs down...... I WOULD STILL FOLLOW THROUGH.... but thats me.

it may take alittle work.... BUT with perseverance, you will not fail.

to my ex-brother in arms.... in the above comment..... spell check is a beautiful thing.

USE IT.

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Ex-aaronemployee - (U.S.A.)

The manager should have told the regional manager to "write off the compter" in the system. If you had payed that much already, even had a police report, their was no "book value" left in the product for AArons(no associated product cost). The rest of the money you would have payed would strictly be profit. The cost to AArons would have been satisfied in month 8 on the computer.

The manager their is a idiot. I would have tried to sale you a new computer and had the old one written off, any good manager would have done this. As far as the genius in the Renewal Retention Department at the c-office, they also have no clue.

When you talk to them, its like talking to the store collection staff, they are trained the same way. The renewal retention department is a last ditch effort to try and intimidate you to pay. In your case you were right to not pay what they suggested. For other people that blatently steal, they ruin it for the honest customers like yourself.

Nevertheless, you should not be catogorized or made to suffer for others actions. If you keep receving calls, file a police report for harrasment, document the calls and call the Attorney General Consumer Protection Division and the Better Business Bureau.

#9 UPDATE EX-employee responds