Chin

• Submitted: Sun, October 28, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 29, 2007

• Reported By:Tacoma Washington
Aarons Sales & Lease
9714 Pacific Avenue Tacoma, Washington U.S.A.

Aarons Sales & Lease Aarons Sales & Lease Threatening note on my door Tacoma Washington

*UPDATE Employee: Pleaseeeeeeeeeee

*Consumer Comment: 30 days to mail a payment?

*Author of original report: The rip off is

*Consumer Comment: and the ripoff is?

I know I am late by 30 days and have spoken to them several times. They are now calling me at work and at home several times a day. They also come to my home and will knock on the door for approximately 10 -15 min.. Well yesterday while I was work they left a note telling me that if I did not call them by 5pm that on Monday they would file theft charges.

Laura
Tacoma, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2007 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aarons-Sales-Lease/Tacoma-Washington-98444/Aarons-Sales-Lease-Aarons-Sales-Lease-Threatening-note-on-my-door-Tacoma-Washington-281435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aarons Sales & Lease

AUTHOR: Be Nice - (U.S.A.)

All i can say is if we didn't have overs like u we wouldn't have a job so thank you for keeping me employed...Merry Christmas

Pleaseeeeeeeeeee

AUTHOR: Be Nice - (U.S.A.)

Laurat, You sound like the 30 overs i carry every cycle...it's in the mail as they all say.......or here is my favorite........I'll be in on Friday. This place isn't called Fridays, it's Aaron's. Payment is due on or before the due date or surrender the leased items. You are just breaking the lease agreement and you need a good excuse to justify your delinquency. Or here is an idea.....go to the store....Don't you think they might be able to help you out with an extension....even though u don't qualify for it but it's a good excuse enough for us to get u off our nons? But then again, why rant on you....if we accounts dept didn't have you we wouldn't have jobs....so thank you for your contribution...Merry Christmas

30 days to mail a payment?

AUTHOR: Ben - (U.S.A.)

Where are you mailing your payment from, London England? I dont know of any mail carrier that would take 30 days to deliver mail. Have you spoken to the GM of the store about the situation? Usually if you respond to the phone calls they can put a promisary note into their system to notify the Customer Accounts manager of other arrangements made.

The rip off is

AUTHOR: Laurat - (U.S.A.)

I informed them that I was sending in the payment. They still continue to call and threaten me. In WA state if you inform them not to call you at work they are not allowed. They also should not be allowed to threaten me either. Like you said "take me to court then." When I inform them its in the mail, don't continue to harrass me.

and the ripoff is?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Where's the ripoff?

What do you expect them to do?

They certainly can file a criminal complaint against you. Around here, the charge would be criminal conversion. I doubt they will do this, but they are within their rights to do so. More than likely, they will sue you in civil court. If you receive a summons, don't ignore it - they will get a default judgement against you if you do.

Perhaps you should give the property back.