Complaint Review: Aarons Sales and Lease

• Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

• Reported By: linda — Center Point Alabama United States of America
Aarons Sales and Lease
Valley Avenue Winchester, Virginia United States of America

Aarons Sales and Lease harassing me for a five year old account that was paid off Winchester, Virginia

Today I received a phone call from Aaron's Sales and Lease informing me that I had left a message this morning for the general manager to call me concerning an old account. Apparently someone called them and gave them my phone number, so in speaking to the general manager, he told me that I owe for a tv, a computer and a smaller tv that I rented about 5 years ago. I certainly paid off my merchandise, and several years ago I called the store to find out where my certificate of ownership was, and the employee told me I was no longer in the system. Fine, Its paid for....I left it at that. I mean, when would I ever need it to show? Answer, 5 years later when they call out of the blue and say I owe them. It is not my problem they messed up their records and second of all, the big screen TV I paid 5000.00 for broke a month after pay off so I couldn't even have them come fix it for free. I paid 350.00 to have it repaired and 6 months later, the same thing happened. I never did have it repaired again.

I just want to say, they overcharge, harrass you over payments that are a week late, and then honestly think that after 5 years a customer should still have proof of payoff. Seriously? Now do I have to worry about a warrant for my arrest because their junk fell apart and I don't have receipts any longer? This is crazy and stressful. I wish I could tell everyone not to get involved with a lease to own company. They Will screw you over one way or another. Anything to get the stuff back when you are almost done paying only to sell as new for full price to another customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2013 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aarons-Sales-and-Lease/Winchester-Virginia-22601/Aarons-Sales-and-Lease-harassing-me-for-a-five-year-old-account-that-was-paid-off-Winche-997429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aarons Sales and Lease