- Report: #1027257
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Ab Fab Management
Ab Fab Management1680 Michigan Ave Suite 700 & 1121 Mills, Orlando Internet United States of America
Ab Fab Management AbFabManagement, AbFab Agency, Jane Rooney, Jane Rooney Rost, AbFab Models, Abfab Model Mangement, AbFab Miami Rip off!!! Jane Rooney and her agency is a scam. Internet
*Consumer Suggestion: Take Real Action
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I didn't want ot believe it but it really is a SCAM!!
*Consumer Suggestion: SCAM ARTIST JANE ROONEY ABFAB MANAGEMENT
After she opened her first office on Edgewater (it was upstairs from some type of doctors office) I thought all would be better. Not so this is when the downward spiral began. Also at some point around this time her last name changed to Rost. She asked me to do some free shoots for some local photographers and I even did a local magazine shoot which was fun but I never got paid for it. She explained these free jobs away as gaining experience so I would be prepared for paying jobs. After all of these free shoots I did I get a call one day from her telling me my pictures are no good and she needs me to sign up to shoot with a famous photographer who is her friend and will shoot me picture for a reduced rate. She also told me that I would be needing NEW comp cards since she could no longer use my old comp cards because they were not good. So I reluctantly sign up and pay her over $300 dollars which she said was going to pay for the photographer, stylist, makeup and hair AND my new comp cards. I showed up to the shoot along with a bunch of other models who signed up at one of her casting calls. Some who met with and signed with AbFab that day and they all paid over $300 too!!! So I took my pictures and left with an uncomfortable feeling I had been ripped off! But I ignored my gut and continued to trust her. So weeks later I asked for my pictures and was told that they haven't received them yet. I wait and now months have passed and still no photographs so I called and asked for my pictures or my money back at which point I was told by Jane that Azwah her famous photographer friend, stole the pictures and refused to send them to her. So now I am angry and confused, why did it take so long to tell me this? So scheduled another shoot at her expense to make up for the lost pictures. After the shoot I get some pictures and then she asked me to pay for new comp cards. She moved her office and is now further down on Edgewater at this point. When I told her that I had already paid for comp cards she told me no that I only paid for the shoot and that she can't cover the cost of comp cards for me and that if I didn't pay her to create them for me I wouldn't work. So I stupidly paid her. Much later I call her and after several calls I finally get my comp cards. Now she is at her new location on Mills in the Orange Studio. In the meantime I am offered free jobs but refuse them because I can't miss school or work to do these free jobs and not be paid. After a frustrating year and some o ants of getting nothing ABSOLUTELY nothing from my investment a friend and I decided to investigate who and what I was dealing with. I spoke to several former interns and employees all of which had nothing nice to say but they all explained what was taking place. Here is pretty much what all of them had to say:
- Her personal life is a wreck and she and her kids were not living with her new husband married less than a year and he wasn't supporting her so when her personal bills were due models didn't get paid for their jobs and she scheduled photshoots and model workshops to cover her personal bills.
- They also said her office is a mess and nothing is organized and NOTHING is on paper. There are no records of anything because she doesn't want anyone to know what she makes and how she is making it.
- They also said that she doesn't pay anyone on time. She gets paid by the client and then pays herself but models will go months without being paid.
- They ALL said she has a drinking problem and that her family problems are so bad that it spills over into the agency.
- A couple said she has no experience running an agency and doesn't have a clue how to run one properly and legitimately.
- They also said she surrounds herself with credible people to make herself seem popular or credible in the local community.
- They said she has her favorite models who get ALL of the few paid jobs that come through AbFab. Everyone else gets to do free jobs or get no work offers at all!
- One person even told me she scammed her friends out of money to help her.
- One of them said her financial situation is so dire that she had to move the agency around and she couldn't pay her bills.
- They all said she uses people friends, employees, clients to get what she can out of them and to also reach other people to scam out of money
- They said she is flaky and unethical and is a pathological liar.
- They all said she pays someone to remove negative reviews off of Google and other sites so people only see the good one. And the only good review I see looks like it was written by her or one of her friends.
They all told me to beware of her but it was already too late I spent quite a lot of money and got nothing in return. In the end I wouldn't cooperate with her anymore especially when she called to tell me I needed to schedule another shoot and order even more comp cards. At which point I told her don't call me unhonor. Now I found out through a friend who still works for her she is running accounts and is scheduling these shoots etc and charging it against the models accounts and paying herself out of the models checks. I also hear she has a new partner who is opening a Miami location with her. I would tell any new models to stay far away from AbFab. It is a rip off and you will get promises that will never be kept and you will be scammed. Please find an honest agency and spare yourself the hell I went throught for almost 2 1/2 years. I don't know how this woman stays in business but I know one day her dishonest behavior and lack of morals and ethics will catch up to her. She is the perfect definition of a scam artist and should by all means be in jail for taking advantage of people and ruing their dreams.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ab-Fab-Management/internet/Ab-Fab-Management-AbFabManagement-AbFab-Agency-Jane-Rooney-Jane-Rooney-Rost-AbFab-Mode-1027257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)