Complaint Review: Abacus Computer Repair

• Submitted: Mon, June 15, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 22, 2009

• Reported By:st petersburg Florida
Abacus Computer Repair
2627 38th Ave N St Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Abacus Computer Repair 3 times i dropped off charged me over 150.00 he THREW ME OUT refused any communication returned computer in pieces St Petersburg Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This Midas Repair Man is a CON MAN

the computer would not boot up i brought it to mr abucus he charged 110.00 said it was fixed I brought it back, then he said a ribbon was bad and still it didnt run my wife very frustrated brought it back a 3rd time she gave him 40.00 cash he did not give her a reciept. she picked it up still did not work i told him if he could not fix my lap top i would like my money back he said if we drop it off for a week he would look again but he was very negative.

I called exactly one week later no answer i drove by the house his truck was not home i did the same for 3 days finally he was home i went into see if it was done he told me to wait at the door. Mr Abacus was very nervous he pushed the computer into my stomoch put his arm behind me told me to get out.

I drove 2 blocks waiting for the light to change i opened the computer and i was STARTLED THE WHOLE INSIDE WAS MISSING so i turned around went back to get the rest of it and he was spastic he rushed around angerly he started to pull from a large pile of parts slaming onto the laptop and dumped about 20 small screws in my hand all the time this was happening he called ME A SCAMMER! i said nothing at this point and left.

Len
st petersburg, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2009 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Abacus-Computer-Repair/St-Petersburg-Florida-33713/Abacus-Computer-Repair-3-times-i-dropped-off-charged-me-over-15000-he-THREW-ME-OUT-refuse-461828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Abacus Computer Repair

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This Midas Repair Man is a CON MAN

AUTHOR: Techmicrosoft - (U.S.A.)

The first thing LEONARD had me do was write a note as to how I fixed his computer and he demanded and got a refund from Best Buy over the same computer. LEONARD never mentions the PC working etc. LEONARD just moved to St. Pete and is a THIEF.

Yes he demanded and recieved a refund from BEST BUY Tyrone. This thief wanted a second refund???????

Rick 50 years in St. Pete FL