Complaint Review: Abc Distributing

• Submitted: Thu, December 04, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 10, 2008

• Reported By:twentynine palms California
Abc Distributing
2800 Lakeside Dr Bannockburn, Illinois U.S.A.

Abc Distributing long wait, no customer service, missing package Bannockburn, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: ABC Distribution No Complaints with me

*UPDATE Employee: abc Customer Service

I made an order on 11/11/08 for christmas tree decorations totalling $14.95. On 11/25/08 I was contacted by abc for payment (even though I paid online they somehow didn't get it) and gave them my card number. I then received an email from them a couple days later saying the items had been shipped and would arrive on December 3rd. I of course looked at the tracking number and found that they had not been shipped, UPS simply received the shipping info and had made a packing slip.

Today 12/04/08 I checked the tracking number again...no change. It still hasn't been shipped. The problem with this is that tomorrow I am moving into a new house and will no longer be able to receive mail at the address they have on file so I called them.

It took me 1 1/2 hours to finally speak to someone only to be told that they "don't know where the package is" and that "ups has had it since last week and hasn't shipped it". I was then told that there was nothing they could do and I need to check the status everyday until it ships, once it ships I can submit a claim form to ABC and get either a refund or a new package free of charge. That would be almost ok if I didn't need it well before Christmas! So most likely I will be out the $25 I spent on this order.

Oh and just to be clear they charged me $10 in shipping which is close to 70% of the cost...INSANE.

Misswhit
twentynine palms, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2008 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Abc-Distributing/Bannockburn-Illinois-60015/Abc-Distributing-long-wait-no-customer-service-missing-package-Bannockburn-Illinois-397906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Abc Distributing

ABC Distribution No Complaints with me

AUTHOR: Russell - (U.S.A.)

My wife and I have been buying items from ABC Distributing since the late 1990's and we have never had any problems. Customer Service has always been very courteous, friendly, and very professional. It is very hard for either of us to believe anyone having these problems with them. Our packages have always arrived within 2 weeks and all items were in the order. Occasionally they would be in 2 or more packages but that was not a problem.There was only one incident that we had and that was our fault we forgot to send in a payment and we had a negative balance on our account but that was taken care of. We will continue to use ABC for a lot of our specialty items.

abc Customer Service

AUTHOR: Karen L - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,

I would like to help resolve your concerns with the shipment. Please email me at helpline@ltdcommodities.com with your account information, so I can quickly look into this situation. I am looking forward to helping you with this matter.

Thanks