dried

• Submitted: Wed, August 02, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, September 28, 2008

• Reported By:hillside New Jersey
Abc Home Furniture Gallery
1771 West Edgar RD Linden, New Jersey U.S.A.

Abc Home Furniture Gallery ripoff Linden New Jersey

*Author of original report: ABC Home Furniture Gallery AKA ABC Home/Futon Corner

I purchased furniture from ABC Home Furniture Gallery AKA ABC Home/Futon Corner. The sales person was very helpful with choosing the furniture and coordinating color. It was late in the evening when he wrote the receipt for the furniture. I was the last customer and the store was closing. I notice on the receipt that he had not listed the price for the individual items or the number of tables. When I brought this to his attention, he stated "I ordered 2 end tables, I wouldn't cheat you, I want your business."

I finally had delivery of the furniture today and notice 1 end table was missing, the sofa and chaise had stains and 2 of the pillows had frayed fringes. I immediately called the Sales person, Eli, to report the missing table and damaged items. He immediatedly stated you only ordered 1 table and that's what on the receipt. I recalled our conversation during the purchase reminding him that I had informed him that he had only listed 1 end table. His reply-I don't care what you say, I have it in writing there was only 1 table and I'm not giving you another one. I don't care who you report this to. He hung up on me before I could even mention the other problems.

Attempts to speak with the management of the store is a joke. Now that they have my money, they have no intentions of doing anything further.

If you plan to purchase furniture, please bypass ABC Home Furniture Gallery AKA ABC Home/Futon Corner. Look for an Honest company who will stand by their word. Make sure they list and price each item. Don't get ripoff by ABC Home Furniture Gallery AKA ABC Home/Futon Corner or whatever they are calling themselves this week.

Sylvia
Hillside, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2006 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Abc-Home-Furniture-Gallery/Linden-New-Jersey-07036/Abc-Home-Furniture-Gallery-ripoff-Linden-New-Jersey-204207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Abc Home Furniture Gallery

ABC Home Furniture Gallery AKA ABC Home/Futon Corner

AUTHOR: Sylvia - (U.S.A.)

After they received a letter from the Better Business Bureau, ABC Home Furniture contacted me. They promised to have the table made and delivered to me within 6 months. they were true to their word. They table was delivered within 6 weeks.
Thanks you BBB and ABC for settling this matter.