Complaint Review: Abebooks.com

• Submitted: Wed, March 21, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, March 21, 2012

• Reported By: Tori — Watertown New York United States of America

Abebooks.com Abebooks deletes your account if you complain once about the condition of a book, Internet

I recently began ordering used books because we spend so much money a year on new books. However after a few orders I received a book that was questionable, when I complained the bookseller refunded my money, abebooks deleted my account with orders still unreceived.

They gave no notice or intentions of doing this. The reason I believe they do this to customers is so that the star reputation of the seller will stay high. There sellers have near perfect ratings on their site while other used book dealers have lower seller ratings on sites such as Amazon.

We homeschool and purchase at least $3,000-4,000 a year for books. I know when I have been taken by a bookseller. They listed the book in good condition it was at minimum fair condition. It had rips, pen marks, highlighting, and pencil writing from the front to the back of the book. It was unusable to us and had it been listed in the correct condition I would not have ordered it. I would have went with a new purchase.

I will be certain to correct anyone who mentions their name in the homeschooling circles. Reputation is everything in the used book market and they are detroying theirs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2012 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Abebookscom/internet/Abebookscom-Abebooks-deletes-your-account-if-you-complain-once-about-the-condition-of-a-857255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Abebooks.com