Complaint Review: Abel Hernandez - Hernandez Customs

• Submitted: Wed, July 29, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Abel Hernandez - Hernandez Customs
6300 N. 27th Ave Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Abel Hernandez - Hernandez Customs Ripped me off and screwed up my car Phoenix Arizona

I found this guy Abel Hernandez on craigslist in an advertisement for body and paint work. I got his free estimate and I decided to have him do the paint job. He requested to be paid a deposit so he could go and buy the paint and materials for the job which he quoted me 400.00 for. I gave him the deposit and he said my car would be done in less than a week. Well, the job took over 3 months. In those 3 months, he was evicted 3 times and moved to 3 different shops. I would go to the shop to check my car and all I would see was an empty business and no phone call or anything. When my car was finally done, it looked horrible and I am sure a 2 year old could have done a better job with finger paint. My car was missing parts and was covered in dirt on the inside and out. He changed the price to 1000.00 and refused to give me my car back unless I paid him the money. All I got for my 1000.00 was the run around and so many lies and stories that you would not even believe me if I told you. There was a time when he said my car was done and ready but would not tell me where it was. I found out from someone else and went and saw my car and it was not even painted or anything. He was caught in a lie but people like him do not care. Once he has your car, you are screwed. When i went to pick up my car that came out horrible, I was talking to 3 of his other customers and they all had the same story as me. He takes the deposit and uses it to finish cars that he already took a deposit for. He waits until you threaten legal action to finish the work and it comes out sooo bad that it is not worth fighting about it. He does not even have a business license or pay taxes. What can I do?? Can I still sue him??

Dan
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 07:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Abel-Hernandez-Hernandez-Customs/Phoenix-Arizona-85017/Abel-Hernandez-Hernandez-Customs-Ripped-me-off-and-screwed-up-my-car-Phoenix-Arizona-474754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Abel Hernandez - Hernandez Customs