• Report: #1019779

5 Fernwood Ave Edison, New Jersey United States of America

Abes of Maine Sold Me A Bogus 5 Year Extended Warranty Edison, New Jersey

*Author of original report: To Employee #1

*UPDATE Employee: A Question , and a comment

This company sold me an expensive 5 Year Extended Warranty for my Samsung LCD TV.  When I needed service, the company performing the work (www.myrepairtech.com) did not exist.  This is inexcusable and Abes of Main should be held accountable for the repairs of my Samsung.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2013 03:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Abes-of-Maine/Edison-New-Jersey-08837/Abes-of-Maine-Sold-Me-A-Bogus-5-Year-Extended-Warranty-Edison-New-Jersey-1019779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Abes of Maine

To Employee #1

AUTHOR: Edward12 - ()

Abes of Maine is the one who told me the warranty company they sold me for services went out of business.  They would do nothing.  Fortunately, I found a class action lawsuit against Samsung for the problem I was having, and the plantiff won.  Samsung was great and fixed my LCD TV with a certified Samsung repairman who came to my house at no charge.  Bottom line is that I will never deal with Abes of Maine again, and I recently found on the Internet that they had filed for bankrupcy in the past.  Hmmmm I wonder why.

A Question , and a comment

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

Question #1
What year did you purchase the warrenty?  And when did you attempt to contact the Warrenty company about your repairs?  If your bought your TV, and warrenty some time ago, then more than likely the Warrenty company was still in business when Abe's sold you the warrenty.

Comment:
Did you know that most extended warrenties are 3rd party warrenties?  That is Abe's doesnt own that warrenty , he just sells them ,because the Warrenty Company offered him compensation for selling you the Warrenty.  With this in mind, if the Warrenty Company goes out of business your complaint is not with Abe's, but with the Warrenty Company.  Unless you can prove that Abe's knew that this company was bogus, then you need to go after the Warrenty Company for compensation.

Perhaps you should have done some due dillagence before buying that warrenty, Perhaps by calling them, or checking their web site.  I know, I know you are gonna say, they offered it to me at the check out stand, and did not give me time to check, but then you should have said let me hold on until I check them out.