Complaint Review: About You Moving

• Submitted: Wed, January 09, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 09, 2013

• Reported By: J.P. — Austin Texas United States of America
About You Moving
1205 Glenda Dr., Ste A, Round Rock, Texas 78681 Austin, Texas United States of America

About You Moving Johnnie Castro Fraudulently Charged Credit Card Without Completing Job Austin, Texas

Johnnie Castro, owner of About You Moving, placed multiple Craigslist advertisements highlighting his Christmas lighting service. Unaware of the multitude of negative Yelp/Ripoff Report reviews, we hired him to hang Christmas lights on the front facade (only) of our home. When he arrived, he advised us that he could not complete the job without additional materials. I drove 25 miles to purchase more lights and clips and when I returned, he told me he had to charge us more money because he lost the job that followed ours as our job was taking longer to complete. The initial bid for installation was $175, so we gave him a check (the last check in the book) for this amount. He negotiated with us to pay an additional $125 by credit card for the additional installation time and for him to return and take down the lights. He did not have any form of credit card reader with him, but instead wrote our credit card number on a piece of paper. We were not comfortable with him nor any company carrying around our credit card information on a slip of paper.

I had to leave for work before the job was complete, so I asked Johnnie to leave the extra lights, clips, and extension cords on the front porch. I KNEW there would be extras because our home had never required the amount of lights Johnnie claimed. When I returned home that evening, there was nothing on my porch. I called Johnnie to ask where the extra lights and clips were. He told me there were no extras. I knew he wasn't being truthful, so I pressed the issue. Finally, he admitted he had taken three boxes of lights and a box of clips. These items are not cheap. I asked him to return them and he did.

When we received Johnnie's Square receipt via email, we noticed the charge was by 'About You Moving' and that Johnnie overcharged us $10. Once again, I inquired and he agreed to reimburse us when he took the lights down. -- It is now January 9th and Johnnie has not returned any of the numerous phone calls and texts we have left. The Christmas lights are still up... and we are still waiting to hear from Johnnie.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2013 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/About-You-Moving/Austin-Texas-/About-You-Moving-Johnnie-Castro-Fraudulently-Charged-Credit-Card-Without-Completing-Job-Au-994275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on About You Moving