Complaint Review: About the Children

• Submitted: Mon, November 19, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 19, 2012

• Reported By: Joseph B. — alpharetta Georgia United States of America
About the Children

About the Children Took Money For Nothing, Rippoff Company, Deceptive Business Practices , Internet

November 2012

I planned to utilize about the children to help file custody paperwork.  I was fairly angry when I called and ready to do just about anything to see my kids.  They charged me $98 and told me someone would be contacting me regarding my case.

Next I decided to search the internet for customer reviews and found a lot of negative reviews on the company.  I immediately emailed the company and asked for a refund.

After a few more emails, I finally received a call and was told that "refunding the membership fee" was not part of the refund policy.  I explained to the woman on the phone I was never disclosed a refund policy, nor any other of the company's policy.

Next the lady told me she would cancel my membership and not charge me for the following month.  She actually acted like she was doing me a favor and said it with a straight face ...or I guess a straight voice in this instance.

I then explained the company had done absolutely nothing for me, I wasn't disclosed any company policies, and I wanted my $98 back.  The lady ultimately refused.

This company charged me $98 for absolutely nothing.  I plan to cantact my bank and dispute the charge as well as post complaints on as many boards as possible to warn people about this company and their deceptive business practices.

Please don't be a sucker like I was!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2012 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/About-the-Children/internet/About-the-Children-Took-Money-For-Nothing-Rippoff-Company-Deceptive-Business-Practices-971499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on About the Children