Complaint Review: Abraxas Academy

• Updated: Wed, July 10, 2013

• Reported By: Rick — Reading Pennsylvania
Abraxas Academy
1000 Academy Drive Morgantown Pennsylvanis Morgantown, Pennsylvania USA

Abraxas Academy GEO Group, Cornell Abraxas Abraxas lies cheats and hurts children Morgantown Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Abraxas is a sham and a scam

I work at Abraxas in Morgantown PA.  The things  that I have seen ar e terrible.  I've seen staff members weighing 300 or more pounds WRESTLING with young boys.  I've been told that there have been several reports of staff interacting inappropriately with the children and with each other.  I approached the human resorces man, Mr. Powers, and he has ignored my concerns and been completely unapproachable.  I have been told that there are staff members engaging in sexual activity with children, buying them tobacco and alohol, and bringing them inapropriate games and magazines.  I have also  had meetings with the people in charge, Rhonda Stewart, Monzant, Olejack, and been told to keep my mouth shut and do what I am told and not cause problems.  I need a paycheck, so I will not quit my job. But Do not work here.  It is nothing like they tell you in training and this place is no where ny child should be.  It is abusive, discriminitory, and WRONG.  I have heard so many terrible things that go on here and I am so sad for the boys who have to be here. It is worse than prison. Nothing about this place is "Sanctuary" and I have even heard supervisors like Mike Resser say that they don't believe in treatment and I have heard them say terrible things to the children. Threatening, agressive, and humliating

MORGANTOWN, PA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2013 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Abraxas-Academy/Morgantown-Pennsylvania/Abraxas-Academy-GEO-Group-Cornell-Abraxas-Abraxas-lies-cheats-and-hurts-children-Morgant-1066009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Abraxas Academy

Abraxas is a sham and a scam

AUTHOR: Tamm - ()

I have spoken to several employees od Abraxas and I have heard the most terrible things.  The people who run this hell hole claim to want the best for the children, but employees have told me that they were told to hurt the children, just don't leave marks, go off camera if possible, and to FORGET what they told you in training because once you are on the floor anything goes.  I have been told that employees were fired for having sexual relations with teenage boys, bringing drugs and alcohol for the children and having very inappropriate conversations.  Also, during therapy sessions I have seen supervisors just put on a movie and tell the kids not to tell anyone.  This place is a joke, not a treatment facility, and all the kids just go home laughting at Abraxas and selling drugs or hurting people.  It is so sad.