Complaint Review: Absolute Van Lines

• Updated: Mon, June 02, 2014

• Reported By: David Taylor — Boynton Beach Florida
Absolute Van Lines
No physical location Toronto, Ontario USA

Absolute Van Lines Multi City Moving Inc. Moving company, multi city moving company, Canada to USA moving company Toronto Ontario

DO NOT USE Absolute Can Lines or Multi City Inc. movers. They are all untrustworthy. They are your MOVERS from HELL.

I wanted to ship some of my items from Toronto to Boynton Beach Florida, via New Jersey (drop a cuple of items).

1st: They did not deliver all my stuff. I had a baby grand piano and they lost the Lyre/pedals. They couldn't find it anywhere in the truck.

2. They scratched the whole right side of the piano, because they put it on a very rough dolly throughout the ride and probably fell a few times. When they brought the piano (unannounced, just knocked on my door) to my house, the piano slid on the dolly, onto the ground a few times.

3. They were supposed to deliver my sisters chest to New Jersey (on the way to Florida). The movers never called in advance, they just came and knocked on my sisters door. They never scheduled when our items will get there, but withing 2 weeks and they will call in advance. After 3 weeks, they didn't call or warn us in advance that they are coming. They just knocked on the door. When they didn't see anyone at the house, they left, but not before living a message saying they tried to deliver the items but no one was home. Afterwards, they said they will diliver the chest back going north from Florida. Again, they just came and knocked on the foor. No advance call so my sister is prepared to meet them. This time, the baby siter was watching 2 very younge children, heard several big loud knocks, but did not open the door for them, as she did not no who they were. This was on a Sunday at 7 PM. I don't know anyone who doesn't call in advance to advise they will arrive the next day or so.

4. They told us our price based on the furniture we are moving. When they came to my house in Florida, they told us the weight was over (double the original weight they told us), without proof. When I called them about the matter, they answered; "This was the weight, do you want the movers to unload your items or not"?

5. I spoke to a person by the name of Steve who authorized a 3rd drop off for no extra cost, only to find out later that he did not have the authorization to give me such wave,

6. Arguments after arguments. I never had a pleasant conversation after I paid.

7. They had several households in the truck. When they arrived to my house, the driver kept on asking me if this item was mine, or this item was mine, because there were no marks on each item separating the belongings to each household. Very un-organized and had no care to anyones items.

The driver, who was also the mover (very proud Turk), but always kept whining that he is 43 years old and he usually doesn't do the moving. The other person name was Abdul. Lazy as hell and couldn't be any dumber. It was clear the move was not professional and very unorganized.

In the beginning, when confronting that they don't have good reviews, they kept on saying that they are under new managements and not to look at all the bad reviews. They are NOT under different management.

I am trying to fight for my money back, as my Piano Lyre is approximately $1000 to replace, as it needs to be custom made to the fitting of the piano and repaint. The side of the priano require the whole piano repainted, which costs $3000. My sister's chest is obviously not going to be dileverd.

They breached their contract with me and my family and did not deliver all our items. They also did not deliver our items in good shape, as most itmes had some sort of sratch and dent. The driver and 1 other mover were not movers.

a Very BAD company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2014 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Absolute-Van-Lines/Toronto-Ontario/Absolute-Van-Lines-Multi-City-Moving-Inc-Moving-company-multi-city-moving-company-Cana-1151455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Absolute Van Lines