Complaint Review: Academic Advantage

• Submitted: Sat, September 08, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, September 08, 2012

• Reported By: Disappointed & Frustrated — Streamwood Illinois United States of America
Academic Advantage
954 W. Washington Blvd, Suite 620, Chicago, IL 606 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Academic Advantage 1-on-1 Learning With Laptops The company failed to compensate eaccording to the advertised rate of pay and contractual rate of pay Chicago, Illinois

Academic Advantage (aka 1 on 1 Learning With Laptops)in Chicago advertised to compensate individuals with graduate degrees for $19/hr. However, the contract I received stated my rate of pay would only be $17/hour. When I noted the discrepency, I was told to simply cross out the number 17 and write in 19, sign and return it.

During my employment, if I needed anything, I would get a call or email response in as little as 10 minutes or within 24 hours. However, once the summer began and I recalculated my pay, I realized I had not been compensated by $19/hour, but instead by only$17/hour. The same company now took over SIX WEEKS to respond to my complaints despite repeated emails and phone calls

Finally, even after admitting a mistake had been made, I was never compensated with the backpay. It has been 2 months and I have still to receive that backpay.

Furthermore, to add insult to injury, 1) they docked me pay for allegedly going over an extra hour with a student, but refused to show proof with paperwork even though I insisted my records were inconsistent with theirs, 2) they miscalculated the hours with another student, and 3) Administration blamed insufficient funds on the corporate offices in LA, even though the Chicago office miscalculated hours.

Do not work for this company if you value getting paid by signing a contract. It will not be honored.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2012 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Academic-Advantage/Chicago-Illinois-60107/Academic-Advantage-1-on-1-Learning-With-Laptops-The-company-failed-to-compensate-eaccordi-938497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Academic Advantage