Complaint Review: Academic Advantage

• Updated: Tue, December 18, 2012

• Reported By: Donna — Sherman Oaks California United States of America
Academic Advantage
Century Blvd Los Angeles CA. Los Angelos, California United States of America

Academic Advantage , 1on1laptops.com unfair labor laws,they make you sign a contract claim they are funded by government under no child left behind. you spend more than you make working as a tutor for them Los Angelos, California

I INITIALLY WANT TO SAY ALL THE KIDS I TUTOR ARE AWESOME AND MOTIVATED TO LEARN.  ACADEMIC ACADEMY USES THE PREMISE THAT THEY ARE A GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION THAT IS UNDER THE NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND ACT.  THE ALSO DO ONE ON ONE LEARNING WITH LAPTOPS. THE KIDS RECEIVE A LAPTOP AFTER THEY COMPLETE 12 SESSIONS. WHILE WORKING WITH THEM I REALIZED IT WAS COSTING ME MORE IN GAS THAN I WAS MAKING TO GET TO MY SESSIONS. PLUS THE PLANNING TIME AND DRIVING TIME ,PARKING,  DESPITE LOVING THE KIDS I WAS WORKING WITH I DECIDED I COULD NOT FINANCIALLY CONTINUE. ACADEMIC ADVANTAGE SECRETLY MAKES YOU SIGN A CONTRACT THAT SAYS YOU WILL PAY THEM BACK 27.00 AN HOUR FOR EACH SESSION YOU DO NOT COMPLETE OUT OF 12. THEY PAY THEIR TUTORS 17 AN HOUR. HOWEVER I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED A PAYCHECK DUE TO THEIR UNORGANIZATION. I HAVE COPIES AND DOCUMENTS OF ALL THE TIMES I WORKED FOR THEM BUT THEY CONVENIENTLY LOSE THE PAPERWORK.  THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE WHO ARE OUT OF WORK.  I LOVED TUTORING THE KIDS AND I MAY JUST CONTINUE TO DO IT FOR FREE BUT THIS COMPANY IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF HARD WORKING PEOPLE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2012 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Academic-Advantage/Los-Angelos-California-91423/Academic-Advantage-1on1laptopscom-unfair-labor-lawsthey-make-you-sign-a-contract-claim-983970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Academic Advantage