Complaint Review: Academy Bank

• Submitted: Fri, November 26, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, November 26, 2010

• Reported By: Diana — Grand Junction Colorado U.S.A.
Academy Bank
Both Banks in both walmarts Internet United States of America

Academy Bank http://www.academybankco.com/ Tourist/Foreign unfriendly Academy Bank will rip you off if you are foreign Internet

If you are a tourist and you sell something and you are paid by an academy bank check you can kiss your money Goodbye. They will not honor their own checks if you don't  have an american id! So Foreigners beware don't accept their cheeks as payment.

This is my story.

My first run-in with this bank was when I first came to America they refused to give me an account because I didn't have the magic ssn# .  I thought this was a governmental issue until I found 2 banks  who would give me an account. The latest run-in was when someone who has an account there wrote me a check.  Academy Bank  will not honor their own checks  if the person reviving it is foreign and doesn't have a us id. I have asked 3 times in 3 different places they claim this is bank policy the last one insinuated in might be governmental but I don't buy that as the cash checking  place would have cashed it if it had not been from the Academy bank they didn't like them either because they cause them headaches too.  Tourists and non us residents beware do not accept Checks from the Academy Bank!  I should receive my papers soon. Do you blame me if I never patronize their bank?  Is anyone else outraged at this policy?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2010 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Academy-Bank/internet/Academy-Bank-httpwwwacademybankcocom-TouristForeign-unfriendly-Academy-Bank-will-ri-665692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Academy Bank