Complaint Review: Academy of Art University

• Updated: Thu, November 03, 2011

• Reported By: aespah — lake forest California United States of America
Academy of Art University
460 Townsend Street San Francisco, California United States of America

Academy of Art University Academy of Art University online, Grant & weber collection They gave me wrong information, They wasted my time for three months, Ruined My Credit, They tried to rip me off for second time register me without my permission to make more money from me. San Francisco, California

Hello,

I had no seriuos plan to register in AAu and I only ask for some information about online classes but One of the Adisors from AAU called me and she encouraged me to register.

I paid for registeration fees for $250 and after that I start applying for the loan and financial aid. My adviser told me I can register and after that apply for loan and she registered four classes without I ask for it.

I received the bill one week later for all the tution fees ($8000) fot five classes. I called admission and ask to dropp the classes and  they dropped classes for me. Next day my adviser and some one from finance department contact me by phone and Email about why I did drop the classes? I told them in respond I have some missing tax document and I can't apply for my loan on time.
They said, we will give you time to complete the documents.

They register two classes for me again but next day when I try to login to my classes I notice that they blocked all my classes.

I contact my adviser more than five times and sent her an email to see why my classes are dropped.

She respond to my email after two days aftre and she said her manager ask to drop my classes because the finance department manager didn't accept my loan.

Why did she registered me when she had no permission from her manager? I have all my emailes that show i tried to drop my classes but she stop me every time and now school want me to pay for Tuition.

Afetr two month they sent me bill for $1500 and I emailed the manager in admission department

Afetr two month they reported me to collection agency and Ruined My Credit Score.

I can't apply for any loan now for two years for this report they did to my credit. lost $250 plus destroyed credit for 7 years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2011 08:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Academy-of-Art-University/San-Francisco-California-/Academy-of-Art-University-Academy-of-Art-University-online-Grant-weber-collection-They-794973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Academy of Art University