Complaint Review: Acai Berry Detox; Colon Cleanse

• Updated: Sat, September 26, 2009

• Reported By: Andrea — Lexington Alabama USA
Acai Berry Detox; Colon Cleanse
3007 Greene St. Hollywood, Florida United States of America

Acai Berry Detox; Colon Cleanse Life Cleanse, Colon Cleanse FREE trial cost me $159.90. Someone needs to lookup FREE in the dictionary! Hollywood, Florida

Unlike "Unhappy in Arizona", I wasn't sick when I received the verification phone calls. I had ordered the "free" trials of Acai Berry Detox and Colon Cleanse, but the phone call tried to talk me into another bottle of the Colon Cleanse for $39.95. Luckily, I paid attention to this phone call, unlike the other telemarketers that I usually just hang up on, and proceeded to tell them that I had a "free" bottle coming, and wasn't interested.

When the bottles came in the mail, I was surprised that they were so big, 60 capsules in each bottle.  A 14 day "free" trial should have only been 28 pills per bottle (I made A's in math!). I didn't think anymore about it until I checked my bank account and was horribly surprised to see the 2 withdrawals for $79.95 each. I immediately called the 800 numbers, and spoke to someone who I couldn't understand most of the time. I had to cancel the accounts, and get a 15-digit return # that must be on the outside of the package to be properly processed. I'll be returning them on Monday, and sincerely hope their "money back guarantee" holds up better than their "free" trial.

In the future, it would be nice if these companies put their return policies in the packaging, not just on their websites!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2009 06:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acai-Berry-Detox-Colon-Cleanse/Hollywood-Florida-33020/Acai-Berry-Detox-Colon-Cleanse-Life-Cleanse-Colon-Cleanse-FREE-trial-cost-me-15990-S-500882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acai Berry Detox; Colon Cleanse