Complaint Review: Acai Berry Detox - Total Cleanse - Total Scam

• Submitted: Tue, December 09, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 09, 2008

• Reported By:Chanhassen Minnesota
Acai Berry Detox - Total Cleanse - Total Scam
2040 NE 163rd St. Suite 305 North Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Acai Berry Detox - Total Cleanse - Total Scam Be sure to read the fine print and get ready to be screwed North Miami Beach Florida

I was linked to a woman's testimonial via Facebook and found this wonderful little deal. Free samples of Acai Berry and Total Cleanse. I only had to pay for shipping.

What they fail to make obvious is that if you do not return the "free sample" within 15 days, the card you used to pay for shipping will get billed the full price of the "free sample" you received. In may case, $85.15 for the Acai and I have yet to be charged for the Total Cleanse as my 15 days are not up yet. This morning, once I realized what was happening, I tried to call Total Cleanse to cancel my trial... which went well. I received a confirmation email and all (however, it did not include a confirmation number, which I thought was odd). Anyway, I tried again to call the same number four times today to return my free sample... and it was a dead-end. I would be on hold for about 5 minutes and then "click", the other end would hang up. Total rip-off!

I've been reading tons of horror stories regarding this company on several other sites. Even though people have cancelled their accounts, they are still getting billed on their credit cards. I used a debit card to pay for my shipping. I'm pretty much screwed out of the $85.15, but I've gone ahead and cancelled my debit card to ensure no more future charges. Hopefully that will work.

This company is a total scam... and I'm not sure how they are allowed to still be operating. Great timing too... just in time for Christmas. Jerks.

Chanhassen, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2008 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acai-Berry-Detox-Total-Cleanse-Total-Scam/North-Miami-Beach-Florida-33162/Acai-Berry-Detox-Total-Cleanse-Total-Scam-Be-sure-to-read-the-fine-print-and-get-ready-399577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acai Berry Detox - Total Cleanse - Total Scam