Complaint Review: Acai Berry Maxx (FX Supplements)

• Submitted: Mon, January 26, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 26, 2009

• Reported By:Chicago Ridge Illinois
Acai Berry Maxx (FX Supplements)
916 113th Street Suite B Arlington, Texas U.S.A.

Acai Berry Maxx (FX Supplements) Scammed me into a trial offer then charged my credit card without my authorization Arlington Texas

I accepted a free trial offer for Acai berry Maxx and all it stated was that I would only have to pay $5.95 for Shipping & Handling. After that trial offer, I was sent two more bottles without my ordering it and then a couple of weeks later, I received another two bottles without my ordering them. My credit card was charged twice for $85. I never received an invoice for these supplements, all I received was a pink letter that told me that they were going to keep charging my credit card every 30 days. They stated that if I wanted to cancel this "renewal" program then I should email them at cancel@acaiberrymaxx.com (which I couldn't access).
I called my credit card company and they're investigating this scam and they are issuing me a new credit card.
I'm disappointed in myself for getting duped into this scam. I saw that Acai berry Maxx was acredited by Oprah and Dr. Oz and I accepted their "free trial offer" (remember, nothing is ever free)!

Deanna
Chicago Ridge, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2009 07:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acai-Berry-Maxx-FX-Supplements/Arlington-Texas-76011/Acai-Berry-Maxx-FX-Supplements-Scammed-me-into-a-trial-offer-then-charged-my-credit-card-416566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acai Berry Maxx (FX Supplements)