Complaint Review: Acai Berry Maxx

• Submitted: Thu, February 19, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 27, 2009

• Reported By:Deland Florida
Acai Berry Maxx
916 113th Street, Suite B Arlington, Texas U.S.A.

Acai Berry Maxx Canceled product both by phone and email and keep sending product and deducting money monthly from my bank account. Arlington Texas

*Consumer Comment: ACTUALLY OVER 700 COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE ACAI BERRY

*Consumer Comment: Acai Maxx pproximately 78 Reports Found

I wanted to try this product out, you paid $5.95 for shipping only. You had to cancel or you would be mailed the product again in a month for $85. a bottle. I canceled. I was mailed a bottle regardless. I called and canceled via phone and also emailed again. I have since had 2 more deductions from my bank account thru different company names for the product and had 2 more deliveries. I have canceled via phone and email one more time to no avail.

Today is the first day I called the Bank and done research on line to find out that the company is indeed a scam. I canceled my credit card today as I read someone else had done that. Pain waiting for a new credit card and having to change some companies that use that credit card but oh well. This is just not right. How can this company not be shut down? All these complaints doing the same thing to innocent people...terrible. The product doesn't even work to begin with. My sister was lucky enough to receive her product cancel and get no more. I'm the unlucky sister as you can guess.

Hoofnpaw
Deland, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2009 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acai-Berry-Maxx/Arlington-Texas-76011/Acai-Berry-Maxx-Canceled-product-both-by-phone-and-email-and-keep-sending-product-and-dedu-426115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acai Berry Maxx

ACTUALLY OVER 700 COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE ACAI BERRY

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

THE SCAM - IS THE BOGUS CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENTS -
Go to Oprah and Rachel Ray's websites and read their disclaimers

the bigger scam is all the complaints about the unauthorized charges. IT STATES IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS that this would happen. The charges were authorized NO ONE EVER READS THEM FIRST!

READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE CHECKING I AGREE !

Hi All,
Looks like they have quiet the scam going once they get your CC #. I have now had to cancel mine to stop them.

They have a 25% restocking fee if you return the product. Has anyone on the list gotten a refund for retuning the product? How much did you get in return?

I filed complains with my bank & ask what can be done to stop them but it appears that there are really an international company the money isn't even staying in the States. Which complicates things from what I'm understanding. Oprah really should do a follow up story, would make a good news show also if anyone out there has any connections. I'm hopefully done with them now. If anyone need a name for a list to go against them you can count me in.