This company is a ripoff. They will steal you blind. Totally deceitful in their masterfully crafted advertising. Before even considering ordering from them, please check out their advertisement and disclosures closely and completely.
This company's "FREE TRIAL offer" internet advertising is purposely misleading, in that, nowhere throughout their many websites does it make it evident to the consumer that they are running a negative option campaign, requiring cancellation on the consumers part to avoid shipment of additional product. You have to scroll way down on the bottom to find small type titled Terms and Conditions to discover this.
The websites that lead customers to this companys' sites are actually phony blogs by phony individuals who claim to have discovered Acai Berry products watching "Oprah" and recommend using them in conjunction with a ColonxR cleanse, also available from another site as a FREE TRIAL.
I have found several such blogs and they all give exactly the same message. They were obviously developed by the company to mislead consumers. By the way, it turns out Acai Berry, AcaiBurn, ColonxR all have the same company address. I beleive their product also go by other names under other websites. They actually are all one.
Their ads also refer to "as seen on Ophra Winfrey" and "as recommended by Dr. Oz". Even includes their photo's. My guess is this is also deceptive. I intend to notify Oprah directly.
Well, I fell for it. The embarrassing part is- I was in advertising over 20 years. I used to design this kind of stuff. And I fell for it! Makes me wonder how many other consumers must also continue to fall for it.
I ordered a 'free trial' from both companys for a shipping charge of only $5.95 each. In fact, oddly enough, ColonxR called ME to confirm shipping of the initial FREE TRIAL offer. Asked if I had any questions. I did. There was no mention of any negative option requirements. I was told "There would be NO OTHER BILLING except for shipping and handling!"
Guess what? I later received a second shipment with an order summary showing a charge for $78.84 plus S&H. So I checked my bank account and lo and behold, there were all these charges. Acaiburn @ $59.95 twice in a 15 day period. Total $180.00 Cleansebodystore and Bodycleansing something both for $78.84 each. Total another $157.68 Plus another $24.00 in various shipping and service charges. Grand Total $390.60.
Talk about a shocker. Acai Berry, Colon xR, SFL Nutrition's or whaterver their real name is, their deceptiveness had drained my bank account.
I tried several of their phone numbers from the websites. Several couldn't get through at all. Finally spoke to a rep named Jeannie. She said under terms and conditions I had 15 days to cancel. Also I needed to return merchandise to get refund which is limited to 70%, the remaining 30% is used for restocking. After back and forth I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told he/she was in emergency meeting but would call me back within 24 hrs. Of course, no call ever came. Other calls to their reps produced the same results. Can't talk to a supervisor because they are in emergency meetings.
Now I have since found other customers with the same or similar complaints. The Better Business Bureau's complaint history also states 'the company has a pattern of complaints concerning unauthorized charges to consumer's credit cards'. To read the report, go to http://boise.bbb.org
This company has so many locations and goes under many different names. I never saw a bill from this company. They automatically deducted the amounts from my checking account and never even sent me an invoice by email or with the product. I am still in the process of seeking refund and retribution.
This is definately a BUYER BEWARE scheme.
I believe a class action suit is in order for this company.
Paul from michigan