Complaint Review: Acai Berry and Advanced Cleanse

• Submitted: Mon, August 02, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, August 02, 2010

• Reported By: GMiddlebrook — Rockville Maryland United States of America
Acai Berry and Advanced Cleanse

Acai Berry and Advanced Cleanse NTR DO NOT APPLY FOR FREE TRIAL BOTTLE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHARGED $99.95 + foreign transaction fee of $3.00 Internet

I saw an interesting ad for weight loss program called Acai Optum and Advanced Colon Cleanse.  The ad indicated that you could try a bottle for free - just $1.95 for shipping.  When I went in to fill in my information on the second page on the internet I was authorizing the company to only charge me $1.95 for the shipping fee.  But once I submitted the form with my name, address and credit card information I was immediately billed for $99.95.  When I called the company back to say that there was a mistake made I was informed by the representative for the company that I had signed up for a 2 month program and that they would charge me another $99.95 in the next 30 days.  Not only was I not able to get my money back, but I had to cancel my credit card and get a new one to ensure that they would not be able to bill me another $99.95.  I have disputed this claim to my bank, but am not very hopeful that they will be able to get my money back as I was also billed a foreign transaction fee of $3.00. So I don't even know where this company is located.  I have always been a very careful consumer when dealing with the internet (or so I thought) but this has taught me that I will not EVER apply for any free samples on the internet.  Hard way to learn a lesson.   So be careful when applying for a FREE TRIAL anything on the internet.  THIS WAS A FRAUDULENT AND MISLEADING AD FOR A FREE BOTTLE OF ADVANCED COLON CLEANSE.  Apparently this is also the same company that offers the ACAI OPTUM WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM TOO.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2010 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acai-Berry-and-Advanced-Cleanse/internet/Acai-Berry-and-Advanced-Cleanse-NTR-DO-NOT-APPLY-FOR-FREE-TRIAL-BOTTLE-UNLESS-YOU-WANT-TO-628278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acai Berry and Advanced Cleanse