Complaint Review: Access America Travel Insurance

• Updated: Wed, August 18, 2010

• Reported By: karen — Dallas Texas United States of America
Access America Travel Insurance
Richmond, Virginia United States of America

Access America Travel Insurance This company is a rip off - nothing but scammers! Don't waste your money! Richmond, Virginia

I purchased travel interruption insurance from Access America because my husband is chronically ill and I knew there was a chance he would not be able to travel.  Unfortunately, that is exactly what happened and when I tried to get my money refunded, it became apparent this company is deceptive, fraudulent and nothing more than a bunch of scammers.  They never told me they would not cover a pre-existing medical condition.  In fact, their website leads you to believe that is what their product is for.  When I filed the claim, they still never told me it was going to be denied.  Instead, I had to fill out numerous pages, have the doctor fill out 2 pages and then send it in.  I checked numerous times on the status and all I could get was "it's pending" or "it's in review."  They finally sent me a letter saying they want another physician statement from a different doctor!  It was just another stall tactic because they clearly had no intention of paying and they have carefully trained their staff to avoid giving out the information consumers need. They told me that since he had been to the doctor less than 120 days prior to travel, they won't cover the condition.  I tried explaining that chronically ill people generally go to the doctor at least every 30 days.  And... since when aren't chronically ill people supposed to travel??  Who needs a break more than them??  Clearly they are discriminating against sick people.... or are using that as another excuse not to pay.  Do not buy Access America Travel Insurance - it's a waste of your money!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2010 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Access-America-Travel-Insurance/Richmond-Virginia-23255/Access-America-Travel-Insurance-This-company-is-a-rip-off-nothing-but-scammers-Dont-632880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Access America Travel Insurance