Complaint Review: Access America Travel Insurance

• Submitted: Thu, March 04, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, March 04, 2010

• Reported By: drverda — Los Angeles California United States of America
Access America Travel Insurance

Access America Travel Insurance refused to pay a valid claim for trip interruption due to a blizzard and flight cancellation Internet

flight was from a small city in Iowa blizzard conditions caused my flight to be cancelled. my flight was scheduled to leave at 11:00 am on Dec 9 cancelled by air traffic controller and reschedule at 1 pm Dec 10.  access america would not honor the claim as an airline left the airport the following morning at 7 am although, I was not able to get on board.

access america says there needs to be complete cessation of the airport.  I think they looked for reasons not to pay for the additional hotel and car rental even tho it was slightly over $100 total.  access first excuse was the airline did not specify what caused the delay even tho I had documentation the flight was canceled by airline.  Next the wanted me to prove all airlines were grounded.  It did not matter whether the flight was going to my destination of LA.

Although, I am complaining about access america, delta airline is also culpable.  I think there is collusion and this company is paying a kickback to immediately offer travel insurance on the airline webpage after flights are booked.

altho my lost is minimal I think it is a ripoff for thousands of travelers. I am writing the fraud division of the CA state attorney general's office

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2010 11:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Access-America-Travel-Insurance/internet/Access-America-Travel-Insurance-refused-to-pay-a-valid-claim-for-trip-interruption-due-to-578406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Access America Travel Insurance