Complaint Review: Access America - Travel and Ticket Insurance

• Submitted: Thu, December 22, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, January 25, 2012

• Reported By: Maria — Portland Oregon United States of America
Access America - Travel and Ticket Insurance

Access America - Travel and Ticket Insurance Doing business through US Airways I bought travel ticket insurance. needed to use it to be reimbursed for airline ticket. HEALTHY travel partner needed medical attention last minute. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Help Team

I bought travel/ticket insurance for an airline ticket I purchased on November 14, 2011 - one way from Yuma, AZ to Portland, OR.  On November 17, 2011 my travel partner went in for his routine yearly physical including bloodwork.  On November 18, 2011 my travel partner found out his blood work indicated he needed to stay in Portland an extra 2 weeks to address unexpected results regarding his kidneys.  I could not postpone the trip and therefore filed the claim to recoup the cost of my airline ticket on US Airways.

I  filed a claim with Access America and included the physician's report, the receipt for my airline ticket and the receipt for the travel insurance I purchased through them.  I mailed AND faxed the claim with all the required attachments on December 9, 2011.
On December 14, 2011 I received the following judgment from Access America:

"Dear M ,

"Thank you for contacting us regarding
your Claim.

"Claim Number: 0

"We sincerely thank you for your patience throughout the claims process. We have completed our review and unfortunately
we are unable to provide benefits under the coverage purchased for the

"According to the information in the claim file, the condition(s) which led to the change in travel plans was exhibiting symptoms and/or being treated prior to the purchase of the insurance program.  The insurance program defined an Existing medical condition as any illness/injury that a person was seeking or receiving treatment for or had symptoms of on the day the insurance was purchased, or at any time in the 120 days before it was purchased.

"While we regret we were unable to provide you with a more favorable response, it has been a pleasure to review your concerns.  If we are able to provide you with any additional services, please feel free to contact Access America at
(800)-334-7525 or via email at claimsinquiry@accessamerica.com.

"Access America Claims Department "

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2011 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Access-America-Travel-and-Ticket-Insurance/internet/Access-America-Travel-and-Ticket-Insurance-Doing-business-through-US-Airways-I-bought-tr-813011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Access America - Travel and Ticket Insurance

Help Team

AUTHOR: Access America Help Team - (United States of America)

Hi Maria

Jackie from Access Americas Help
Team here.  Were sorry that we were unable to provide you with coverage,
and we wish you and your travel partner the best.  Should you wish to
further discuss your claim, please call us at the number listed on your policy.

All the Best,