Complaint Review: Access Media 3

• Updated: Mon, December 05, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — St. Paul Minnesota United States of America
Access Media 3
Il unknown, Illinois United States of America

Access Media 3 Apartment Owners forced to pay - Get nothing in Return unknown, Illinois

My Apartment complex uses Access Media 3 to own and service the two DirecTV satellite dishes on our roof.  Access Media 3 allows the owners of the apartment complex to limit the number of satellites on the building and they service any issues with the satellites and Century Link (formally Qwest) Internet.  This is all well and good for the apartment owners but it is completely at the expense of the apartment residents.  I basically have to pay Access Media 3 $8 a month for them to provide me with no services.

I had to purchase my DirecTV and Century Link Accounts through Access Media 3, which means they technically own the accounts.  Access Media 3 owning the accounts means I am unable to bundle my DirecTV, Century Link Internet, and Verizon Cell phone services, which would save me close to $20 a month.  In addition, Access Media 3 charges me $50 for installation of new equipment, which would have been free from DirecTV and\or Century Link.

Access Media 3 may provide some benefit to Apt landlords, but they rip-off the apartment leasers every month.  I have to pay Access Media 3 $8 a month, and I can't save by bundling services because of Access Media 3 owning my accounts, and I get charged by Access Media 3 for any installations which would normally be free.  To sum up, Access Media 3 provides no service to apartment leasers and Access Media 3 charges outrageous prices for providing their lack of service.

If you are going to rent an apartment in MN or IL, make sure Access Media 3 is not used by the apartment owners, or you will end up paying crazy amounts of money to Access Media 3 each, all while receiving nothing in return.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2011 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Access-Media-3/unknown-Illinois-unknow/Access-Media-3-Apartment-Owners-forced-to-pay-Get-nothing-in-Return-unknown-Illinois-805297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Access Media 3