• Report: #971985

• Submitted: Tue, November 20, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, November 20, 2012

• Reported By: JSDIllinois — Rockford Illinois USA
Access Travel Network, Inc
672 N Semoran Blvd Ste 301, Orlando, FL 32807-3373 Orlando, Florida United States of America

Access Travel Network, Inc CTC Offer to sell 10 "RCI Vacation Getaway" weeks for booking fee of $149 per week. Sent contract via Fed Ex with "VOID" on all pages and cover letter requesting cancellation. Refund promised but never Orlando, Florida

Received a phone call on July 26, 2012 from Deborah Page at ACCESS TRAVEL NETWORK with an offer to sell my "RCI Vacation Getaway" weeks.  She claimed I had 10 of these weeks that were due to expire in August 2012 and they were trying to meet the rental needs of corporate clients for upcoming conferences in Orlando.

She said she was working with  RCI and had confirmed availability with them.  However since these benefit weeks belonged to me, they "required" me to pay upfront for the booking fee of $149 per week for 10 weeks to release and reserve the unit from the RCI inventory.  They would arrange the rental with their client (taking a commission), and forward the net proceeds.

First off, let me say right now that I was absolutely "stupid" to have considered this and gone further.  However, I agreed to have them send me a contract to consider and sign.  I received an electronic version of the contract on July 27th which I electronically signed.

I immediately had second thoughts and called the company within 24 hours and multiple other times over the next two days requesting cancellation with no response.  The contract stated "7 day cancellation policy" on the form and also that "all owners must sign".  My wife and I are joint owners of our Wyndham time share and related RCI benefits, and she did not sign or agree to this.

We sent the contract with "VOID" on all pages and a cover letter requesting cancellation and full refund (also noting that the contract was not valid by ATN's own contract requirement that "all owners must sign").  This was delivered via registered Fed Ex and signed for on July 31st at 2:30pm and prompted a phone call from Paul Roberts at Access Travel Network during which he promised a full refund would be credited to our Discover account.  Of course, no credit has been applied.

I am certain I have been burned for $1,490.00 and my hope is to make others aware and save them from the same fate.  I have filed a dispute complaint with my credit card and will file complaints with the Florida Attorney General's office and others.

Further research has shown that I did not have the 10 weeks RCI Vacation Getaway option available and that this offer violates RCI's terms and conditions, obviously making ATN's claims and offer unsupportable.  THIS IS STILL CLEARLY A SCAM!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2012 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Access-Travel-Network-Inc/Orlando-Florida-32807-3373/Access-Travel-Network-Inc-CTC-Offer-to-sell-10-RCI-Vacation-Getaway-weeks-for-booking-f-971985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Access Travel Network, Inc