silence

• Submitted: Sat, February 16, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 16, 2013

• Reported By: John — Janesville Wisconsin United States of America
Access Travel Network
672 North Semoran Boulevard, Orlando FL Orlando, Florida United States of America

Access Travel Network Vacation (Rentals/Ownership) RCI / Wyndham SCAM Orlando, Florida

After several phone calls to me over several days (they always called during meal time, or while I was busy) I finally took the call from Access Travel Network at noon on Sunday, February 16, 2013. I spoke with Brian Arroyo at 1-877-493-8847.

Brian was very pleasant and explained to me that his company rents out timeshares to coorporate events. He explained that since I own timeshare with Wyndham / RCI, that I was entitled to rent out up to 12 weeks per year through Extra Getaway Vacations. He had me go to www.RCI.com to read about them. He also had me go to www.orlando.org to look up Access Travel Network there, showing address, phone number etc... Brian indicated that only legitimate companies can be included there.

Brian indicated that for each week that I wished to rent out (up to 12), I would have to pay the $149 fee, but would receive $1500. He indicated that Bank of America would issue a check as soon as the client checked into the event. His company was looking for weeks in Alanta in April. So, for a mere $1788 investment, I would receive $18,000. Greed took over common sense, and I agreed to do it. After he took all my info and credit card info, he said a verification manager would call me back in about 10 minutes.

I had an ache in my stomach. I called RCI and spoke with them about Access Travel Network and was given the thumbs down. RCI indicated that they had had other complaints about them and to avoid them. I then typed them in the Better Business Bureu and found fraud / scam/ watch-out common phrases. I then called my credit card company and had them block the charge.

A few minuets later, Louis Gonzoles (sp?) called back to verify and process. I told him I didn't like what I had found in my investigation and that I was not going to go through with the transaction. He told me that his company had answered those negative claims and that only a legitimate would do that... and that the RCI specialist didn't know what they were talking about, and... He said he would have Brian call me back - I said not to bother, the answer was No.

But, I few minuets later, again the phone rings. This time it is Ralph Berroa from the legal department repeating much the same of what Louis had to say. I firmly said No and don't call again...I did not feel comfortable doing business with a company that has so many "red flags".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2013 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Access-Travel-Network/Orlando-Florida-32807-3373/Access-Travel-Network-Vacation-RentalsOwnership-RCI-Wyndham-SCAM-Orlando-Florida-1015386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Access Travel Network