Complaint Review: Access Warranty

• Updated: Thu, July 09, 2009

• Reported By:Berwyn Pennsylvania
Access Warranty
accesswarranty.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Access Warranty High pressure sales tactics and very rude, obnoxious phone salesman Internet

I completed on on-line request for an extended warranty quote on my 2004 Hyundai Sante Fe. I got 3 calls the same night from Access Warranty. I finally answered the 3rd call -- I have caller ID and don't answer my phone if I don't know who's calling me. This chap asked for me and said he was from the "Hyundai division" of the extended warranty company. He asked what year my car was, whether I bought it new or used and what the mileage was. The car was bought new and had approx. 44000 miles on it. He said that I had a "very old car and the only thing going for me was the fact that I only had 44000 miles on the car. he'd have to fight with the insurance company but felt he might be able to get them to issue an extended warranty on my car. I told him, politely, that if he wasn't able to give me a price over the phone on a warranty and had to deal with another insurance company, and possibly coerce them into writing the extended policy, then I wasn't interested in it. I said thank you and hung up. The next day I got another call from Access Warranty -- different guy this time. I said I had talked to you last night and said I wasn't interested, thank you very much and I hung up. My phone rang back almost immediately and I didn't answer it (remember the caller id???). The young man said "by hanging up on me all that does is I keep you in the system and we just keep calling you. Have a wonderful day". I saved his voice message --- my next step is to contact the Better Business Bureau and any other agency dealing with phone sales and report Access Warranty for harrassment. They won't take NO for an answer -- if they call me back I'll just ignore the phone call .......or maybe answer it and let the phone sit on my desk until they get tired of saying "hello" and hang up. Maybe that will get the message across to these rude, persistant, warranty brokers.

Very Irate Hyundai owner
Berwyn, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2009 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Access-Warranty/nationwide/Access-Warranty-High-pressure-sales-tactics-and-very-rude-obnoxious-phone-salesman-Intern-468050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Access Warranty