Complaint Review: AccessAmerica

• Submitted: Tue, March 20, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, March 20, 2007

• Reported By:Reston Virginia
AccessAmerica
PO Box 72031,Richmond, Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

AccessAmerica Sold me travel Insurance then would not honor claim Richmond Virginia

I purchased a non-refundable airfare ticket from Hotwire. They sold me travel insurance from AccessAmerica in case of an emergency.(My mother had cancer and we were not sure if somethingmight come up and I couldn't travel so I could be with her). TheAccessAmerica 36 page policy shows on the screen for less than 30 seconds certanly not enough time to read it, then you are locked in.

A few weeks later my mother was rushed to the hospital for 14 days of emergency radiation treatments. She was in the hospital when my trip was to take place so I called Hotwire and the insurance company to let them know that I would not be able to travel. The said I needed to have her doctor fill out some forms, I did and a few weeks later they wanted more information and then more information.

My mother was in and out of the hospital for the next few months and she passed away in early march.
The Insurance company and Hotwire and even American Express Denied my claim. Reason: Hotwire, "we have no refund priveledge under any circumstances", American Express, "Hotwire does not have a refund priveledge under any circumstances", AccessAmerica the insurance Co, Your mother had a Pre-Existing condition and it was stated in the 36 page policy that popped up on your computer screen before you Okayed the purchase.

Great Huh, Not only do I lose my mother in a three year battle for her life, but I also lose $658.in tickets and $29. in Usless insurance. Thanks a lot Hotwire, American Express and Especially AccessAmerica Travel Insurance.

David
Reston, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2007 08:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AccessAmerica/Richmond-Virginia-23255-2031/AccessAmerica-Sold-me-travel-Insurance-then-would-not-honor-claim-Richmond-Virginia-239830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AccessAmerica