Complaint Review: Accessible Aviation

• Reported By: professionalpilot2012 — cincinnati Ohio United States of America
Accessible Aviation
1900 Airport Road Columbus, Mississippi United States of America

Accessible Aviation You get what you pay for Columbus, Mississippi

In my 17-year pilot career Ive never seen such a poorly operated flight school, and find it questionable that this could even be designated a Part 141 flight school.
Another airline pilot who got an ATP here tried to warn me too, but it seemed economical, so I risked handing over thousands of dollars to the owner/operator/sole full-time instructor in Columbus, MS. Believe me, it is not worth the risk.
The owner/instructor comes across as an ignorant, lazy, unkempt schmuck. He seems to be so desperate for money that hes ripping people off and appears to have lost sight of what it means to be a professional aviator. There were numerous inoperative items on the aircraft (Cougar) which made it illegal to fly as required by FAR 91.213. I pointed out that the checklists had inconsistencies and errors, and he replied that he was going to burn the godd*** checklists. I withdrew from the ATP training after being cussed at and treated most disrespectfully and the owner/instructor refused to reimburse me for prepaid, unused flight time for training and the check ride.
Ive never failed a check ride and wasnt going to risk my record because I fell for a scam.
I then enrolled at ATP Flight School at IWA. You do get what you pay for. My experience at the professional, reputable flight school cost slightly more but it was absolutely worth it for the honest, efficient, hassle-free environment and new, airworthy aircraft. They even had a syllabus and answered my questions, which allowed me to get an ATP in two days. I wasted thousands of dollars and 3 days at Accessible Aviation and recommend that you dont make the same mistake.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2012 09:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Accessible-Aviation/Columbus-Mississippi-/Accessible-Aviation-You-get-what-you-pay-for-Columbus-Mississippi-826107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Accessible Aviation