Complaint Review: Accessory Genie

• Updated: Tue, June 07, 2011

• Reported By: Cheryl — Chandler Arizona United States of America
Accessory Genie

Accessory Genie is disingenuous handling returns (Amazon Marketplace) Internet

Purchased a bean-bag dashmount from this company (via Amazon). Dashmount didn't work with my model Garmin, even though my model-specific search on Amazon took me to this item. Company wrote to ask if I was satisfied; I said I wasn't and they invited me to return the product. They followed up with an email suggesting I re-sell or re-gift the product or return it paying re-stocking fees plus shipping. The item only cost $14.99 but shipping costs $10 (each way).

I complained; they responded that they'd waive all fees. I replied that shipping fees were an issue; they replied again that all fees would be waived. I returned the product, paying $10 to send it to them. I received an email yesterday saying they couldn't reach me at the phone number I supplied (strange because that phone number works fine -- and has for 20 years). I had to call them back to confirm information which, it turns out, they already had. That process -- because their phones weren't working and there was a long wait time -- took about 20-25 minutes.

At the end of it all, I discovered that they only refunded the base amount of the product.

This company says what it thinks it needs to say to look good but then doesn't follow through. I'd never, ever do business with them again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2011 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Accessory-Genie/internet/Accessory-Genie-is-disingenuous-handling-returns-Amazon-Marketplace-Internet-737888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Accessory Genie