Complaint Review

1-866-887-2800
Category:
Adult Career & Continuing Education

Account Control Technologies Deceptive Practice Internet

I am disabled with an anxiety disorder.  Account control technology worked with me to rehabilitate my student loans so I could go back to college since I was getting healthier.  I spent 9 months paying these people before I went back to college in the fall of 2012.   A Perkins loan kept coming up on my National Student Loan database file as being in default.  Account Control Technology reassured me repeatedly via phone that this loan was included in the rehabilitated loans.  I finally asked that a fax proving this loan to be rehabilitated be sent to my college, whereupon ACT told me that the Perkins was never included!  Because of their deception, I am now not able to go back to school this spring, and I am over 3,000 dollars more in debt.  I have to pay my entire fall semester out of my own pocket before I can return to college....being on disability which gives me 800 a month to live on, this may never happen, or take years.  In the meantime, my anxiety disorder has been sent reeling out of control as a result of this, and my rehabilitated student loans will come due.  I wanted so badly to finally get back to work and being healthy, and I feel like these people have utterly destroyed my one chance to do so.  I can't express to all of you how devastating this has been.  If you must deal with these people AT ALL, make SURE you get everything in writing from them, or you may end up in a horrible position like mine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Account-Control-Technologies/internet/Account-Control-Technologies-Deceptive-Practice-Internet-996530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Account Control Technologies