Complaint Review: Account Control Technology Inc (Collection Agency)

• Submitted: Thu, May 12, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, May 12, 2011

• Reported By: Mah — Nashville Tennessee U.S.A.
Account Control Technology Inc (Collection Agency)
6918 Owensmouth Canago Park, California United States of America

Account Control Technology Inc (Collection Agency) garnishing my wages, never contacted me to let me know they had my student loan acct. ACT sent notice to garnish to an unknown PO Box address and they can't seem to tell me how they got the address. Canago Park, California

Contacted Account Control Technology Inc about a letter that I received from my employer concerning my wages being garnished. Spoke with representative Irene Morales and informed  her that for one I didn't know that they had my graduate student loan account. The next thing i informed Ms. Morales was that according to the garnishment they have my address as being a PO Box that I had no clue of. I informed her that I have never had a po box. I also requested that she check my address history and this can be confirmed.

If they were checking my address history then they would have had the correct address for me and checked it against the US Department of Education they would have the correct address for me. Ms. Morales informed me that she had no idea of how they got that address and that there was nothing that I could do except pay. I explained to her that this was unfair because I was not given sufficient notice to even appeal/dispute the garnishment nor had time to request a hearing on the matter. Ms. Morales informed me that the letter was sent on March 15, 2011 to the PO Box stated above.

I informed her that I only work part time and that my only other source of income is child support and during the summer months I don't work. She wanted me to voluntarily agree to pay $150.00 a month and that was all that she could do. I informed her that the amount she wanted me to voluntarily agree to pay is more than half of what my take home pay is every two weeks. SHe wouldn't give me any other information about how much I owed, she gave me an incorrect address to send a letter to. She refused to let me speak with a supervisor. They did not communicate anything with me

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2011 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Account-Control-Technology-Inc-Collection-Agency/Canago-Park-California-91303/Account-Control-Technology-Inc-Collection-Agency-garnishing-my-wages-never-contacted-m-728732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Account Control Technology Inc (Collection Agency)