Complaint Review: Account Control Technology, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, June 21, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, June 21, 2010

• Reported By: Amanda — Camden Ohio United States of America
Account Control Technology, Inc.
5531 Business Park South, Ste 100 PO BOX 11750 Bakersfield Dept. 1323087-19K, California United States of America

Account Control Technology, Inc. Theiving No-Good Debt Collectors! Student Loans are a nightmare!!! Bakersfield Dept. 1323087-19K, California

My husband has a loan through Direct Loans from the Department of Education. It was recently sent to another debt collections agency where we set up payments of $80 a month due on the 26th of every month. Well, our first payment to ACT was through my business account for a ONE TIME payment because my personal one was empty. We get a letter in regards to his payment plan and how his payments are due on the 26th of every month, and then we get a letter in the mail on 6-18-2010 telling us they were making another withdrawl from my business account on the 20th, which was a Sunday. I could not get ahold of anyone untill today to let them know this was not the arrangement my husband made. They were rude to me on the phone after hours of trying to get a human to talk to instead of an answering machine. They told me to get a job and pay our bills. I told them I work very hard for a living and it does not include shishtering people out of their money. Every time I called and tried the automated account line, they said my husband's account did not exist and they refuse to give me a proper and valid account number so I can keep an eye on his account online. There are no secretaries to field the calls, either. So if you call, beware! No one will answer unlesdds you spend at least two hours waiting. Oh, and they hung up on me twice. Nice business practices they have folks, so beware of ACT! The lady was very rude I spoke with. Her name was Aundrea and basically told me to f@#$ off! That it was all a misunderstanding. I was standing beside my husband when he set the plan up. I specifically heard him tell them it was a one time payment, never to happen again. So, you tell me how it could be a misunderstanding. I think this company is nothing more than theives who somehow made stealing money from people legal! Watch out students! Make sure you pay with a money order and keep the receipts!!!! I have read so many bad things about this company it is scarey. I am reporting them to the Better Business Bureau as well. Everyone needs to stand up to companies like these. Le them know we aren't going to be ripped off any more by theiving debt collection agencies ANYMORE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2010 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Account-Control-Technology-Inc/Bakersfield-Dept-1323087-19K-California-93389-1750/Account-Control-Technology-Inc-Theiving-No-Good-Debt-Collectors-Student-Loans-are-a-ni-615718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Account Control Technology, Inc.