Complaint Review: Account Control Technology

• Submitted: Thu, January 01, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 01, 2009

• Reported By:Gloucester POint Virginia
Account Control Technology
6818 Owensmouth Avenue Canoga Park,, California U.S.A.

Account Control Technology Violations to the Fair Debt Collections Act - Continual Harrassment, Canoga Park, California

In October I was contacted by the Account Control Technology for the first time. They call from a number that shows up "no call id" so that you can't identify who they are. When I answered the phone, the person on the phone was very aggressive and threatening, stating that owed money and that I'd better pay or they would garnish my wages as well as 'take me for everything I am worth'. I asked the lady to identify herself and her company. She told me she was Rachel from ACT. I told her not to call me without providing written documentation of her claims first. At that point, she hung up on me. The next call came to my place of employment. The conversation was very much the same, ending with my telling the lady on the phone (who wouldn't ientify herself this time) that I was not allowed to receive calls at work and not to contact me there, or on my cell phone without first providing written proof for the claimed debt.

These harrassing calls have continued almost daily to my work and my cell phone with the conversations becoming more and more threatening on the part of the Account Control Technology representative.

I have sent to the CEO - Dale Van Dellen - a certified letter with a return receipt stating that they are required to provide me with proof of the alleged debt and that they were not to contact me ( and then only by mail) for at least 30 days afterward while I researched the proof they provided. My certified return receipt letter was completely ignored.

I also believe that they provided my contact information and place of employment to an exboyfriend who has been stalking me for several years.

According to the Fair Debt Collections Act every part of their contact with me has been harrassing and illegal. I am looking for assistance in persuing a lawsuit for violations of the Fair Debt Collections Act and for harrassment against Account Control Technology. They have a history of this harrassing behavior and it must be stopped.

Vcs
Gloucester POint, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2009 10:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Account-Control-Technology/Canoga-Park-California-91309/Account-Control-Technology-Violations-to-the-Fair-Debt-Collections-Act-Continual-Harrass-407067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Account Control Technology