Complaint Review: Account Now Prepaid Credit Card

• Updated: Tue, March 22, 2011

• Reported By: rm — hinsdale New Hampshire United States of America
Account Now Prepaid Credit Card
san ramon, California United States of America

Account Now Prepaid Credit Card Account Now Visa, MetaBank There is no "Risk" Department, you don't get your money back! san ramon, California

I have an AccountNow Visa Prepaid Visa through MetaBank, it seemed like a great idea to get away from the Banks and the fees that ensue with having a bank account. I recently have had one heck of a run around with this bank trying to get my money back from an unauthorized transaction from Comcast Cable, I discovered funds taken from my account without my authorization when I was going to pay bills,

I spent three hours between Comcast (who said they couldn't return my money without having something physical from the bank including the transaction/ID info; I got the info and tried to give that to Comcast who said they need it on bank letterhead; I got the same info but reverse from the bank saying they need something on Comcast letterhead saying to release the funds). Long story on that side, Comcast got my number after I walked into a service center and had my card entered for a payment to my current account, that number was captured to my account and used without my approval.

Comcast is still saying they can not do anything, after I spent several days callling in to them and complaining and explaining.

MetaBank is a joke for disputes, the so called "risk" department never picks up the phone, I have left messages everyday even after speaking with a supervisor in customer service, who said that they are two separate divisions and they had no way to conference or get someone in Risk to pick up the phone. The voicemail for that department states a call back within 48 hours, its going on 2 1/2 weeks without a call back, and in the dispute form it asks for all contact information. I was then told after over a week that I would not see my money for 60 days while they investigated my dispute. Mind you Comcast had everything faxed that following Monday which was two days after I discovered the missing money.

I just want my money back in my account, they said 10 days for "contingent" funds, and I still have yet to see that. I have other bills that the money was assigned to, and now they are delinquent and there are fees.

I am done calling and trasnferring and not getting any answers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2011 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Account-Now-Prepaid-Credit-Card/san-ramon-California-94835/Account-Now-Prepaid-Credit-Card-Account-Now-Visa-MetaBank-There-is-no-Risk-Department-709136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Account Now Prepaid Credit Card