Complaint Review: AccountCare Plan - Sears Premier Charge Account - CitiBank Of North Dakota

• Submitted: Fri, March 16, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 14, 2008

• Reported By:San Pedro California
AccountCare Plan - Sears Premier Charge Account - CitiBank Of North Dakota
P.O. Box 410078 Kansas City, Missouri U.S.A.

AccountCare Plan - Sears Premier Charge Account - CitiBank Of North Dakota ripoff Will Find a Way to Deny Your Claim! Kansas City Missouri

*Consumer Comment: No Explanation of Benefits for Me

*Author of original report: Regarding Contract status (a response to Mary)

*UPDATE Employee: Contract Labor...?

*Author of original report: Shaun didn't pay attention

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Read!

I agreed to purchase the AccountCare plan on my Sears (CitiBank of North Dakota) account when a kid called me from a call-center pitching this bogus product. In the application over the phone, I know I told the sales kid that I was a contract worker at a major auto manufacturer. But his interest was earning that commission on selling that bogus coverage and he did not tell me that contract employment did not qualify...I doubt that he was even educated about the terms of this insurance.

When I was terminated from my contract job of nearly five years, I waited the 30-day period and applied to have my coverage put to use.

I went through all the motions of applying for compensation, fulfilling all of the AccountCare requirements and they found multiple excuses to deny my claim. The nail-in-my-coffin was when Natalie, a manager in the call-center, realized that I was a contract worker.

Bottom line...I have paid a couple hundred dollars to AccountCare over the last two years for a non-existent insurance policy. Don't make the same mistake! Don't buy AccountCare! They will find a way to deny your claim.

In fact, because AccountCare is part of the Sears conglomerate, I have paid-off my balance (using my precious savings needed to get me by until I find work) cancelled my Sears cards and will cancel all charge cards that are part of CitiBank of North Dakota.

Michelle
San Pedro, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2007 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AccountCare-Plan-Sears-Premier-Charge-Account-CitiBank-Of-North-Dakota/Kansas-City-Missouri-64141/AccountCare-Plan-Sears-Premier-Charge-Account-CitiBank-Of-North-Dakota-ripoff-Will-Fin-239304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AccountCare Plan - Sears Premier Charge Account - CitiBank Of North Dakota

No Explanation of Benefits for Me

AUTHOR: Elaine - (U.S.A.)

Sorry Michele, but when I was sold account care, the salesperson said to me, "this will protect you if you become disabled or lose your job". She did not give me anything to read, nor did she explain any limitations to me. After paying for this benefit for two and one half years, they now refuse to pay. You must be a sears employee. If so I really pity you.

Regarding Contract status (a response to Mary)

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

That all depends. I was brought into Honda by Adecco Staffing, an agency that I had previously completed a nine-month-long assignment for at PacifiCare. Adecco maintained my contract, and the contracts of a thousand or so other temps at Honda, for two of the years I was working there. Due to a "diversity" initiative, Honda fired Adecco and went through two other minority owned-and-operated agencies before landing on Diverse Staffing Solutions (DSS) to maintain their temp / contract staff (about 51% of the workers at Honda). In reality, DSS was hired to:

1. Ascertain what temp and contract positions were occupied by non-minorities (heck...let's just say it...Caucasians!)

2. Find a suitable minority candidate to take-over that position

3. Send us loyal, long-term contractors on-our-way, in spite of our positive reviews and consistant merit pay increases

I filed my taxes yearly based on the annual W-2s sent out to me from whatever agency that owned me at the the time. It was a mess ...many people were hurt and, being a 54-year-old, white, widowed, female, I'm hosed. In spite of my two college degrees, I'll be applying at Target for the holidays.

Contract Labor...?

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

Contract labaor is considered "self employment". This is even true when you fill taxes. Do you not pay self employment taxes? Therefore, if you are self employed then you can not be laid off or fired.

Shaun didn't pay attention

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

I clearly stated I was employed at this contract job for five years, steadily at 40 or more hours per week. In fact, the reason why I was terminated was because of a "diversity" initiative put in place at this auto manufacturer. I was replaced by a person of another race for far less money. A Win-Win for the Mighty Honda.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Read!

AUTHOR: Shawn - (U.S.A.)

Before claiming AccountCare will not protect you for Job Loss make sure you read the Terms and Conditions, as it clearly indicates we do not protect Seasonal Layoffs which can be inclusive of Contract Expirations. Below is taken from the Addendum of AccountCare:

FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT: To qualify to have your minimum monthly payment or your account balance cancelled in the event of your disability,
involuntary unemployment or leave of absence, you must be employed fulltime for pay when your disability, involuntary unemployment or leave of
absence begins. "Full-time" means that you are actively working for thirty hours or more per week, in non-seasonal work, at a single job. Your balance will not be cancelled due to your disability, involuntary unemployment or leave
of absence if you are only working part-time at the time a protected event begins. If you are employed at two jobs, AccountCare covers only protected events relating to your full-time job. If you have two or more full-time jobs, you
are not considered involuntarily unemployed in the event you lose only one of your jobs.

respective