Complaint Review: AccountNow Visa

• Submitted: Thu, February 07, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 13, 2013

• Reported By: TRUCOMSUMER3 — lake jackson Texas United States of America
AccountNow Visa

AccountNow Visa Paul or Pablo PrePaid Visa Company has no problem stealing your money and losing your business Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help.

I was looking for a PrePaid debit card because I am going through bankruptcy and found Account Now Visa. They promoted the Visa brand and reliability along with $25 back for using card for direct deposit along with minimal fees. I signed up and set it up for direct deposit then received my card. I asked about $25 credit and they said they did not have a 25 credit but a $20 credit that was actually a free first load and activation fee waived and then a $15 credit in 3 months afetr using direct deposit in consecutive months. I should have gotten out then. I tried to activate card over phone , when i had trouble I went to ATM to see if I could get a balance. I did and was on my way. When direct deposit came in they immediately took out 6 dollars for fees and started charging fees any time card was used , anywhere from 1-3 dollars a pop. I knew there would be some usage fees but this was crazy. When i asked about 6 dollar fee up front they said that in small print the activation fee would only be waived if i loaded on western union(which charges me a fee no matter what). I then had a couple of authorizations go through which they added their fees to even though no money would be taken out and they also informed me instead of the normal 3-5 business day hold on authorizations they would hold them 14 business days. I called to speak to Pablo the supervisor and he basically on more than one occasion said it was too bad and he would help me by explaining in detail now what their actual guidelines are. I asked for some relief from the activation and he said too bad I did not read fine print. This company will suck the blood out of you. I have AMEX prepaid now and they rock!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AccountNow-Visa/internet/AccountNow-Visa-Paul-or-Pablo-PrePaid-Visa-Company-has-no-problem-stealing-your-money-and-1010448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AccountNow Visa

We would like to help.

AUTHOR: AccountNow - (United States of America)

Hello Trucomsumer3,

I'm  sorry to hear that you had some issues with your account.

I'd like to help resolve any outstanding issue on your account or answer any questions you may still have.

Can you send us an email at customerserviceRR@accountnowinc.com and reference your name, last four digits
of your card number, and best phone number to reach you at?

Thanks,