Complaint Review: AccountNow

• Submitted: Mon, October 23, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, October 21, 2008

• Reported By:san francisco California
AccountNow
P.o. Box 1966 San Ramon, California U.S.A.

AccountNow.com, AccountNow.net VIOLATORS OF FRCA AND FACTA LAWS FOR DISPUTES San Ramon California

*Consumer Comment: Accountnow is violating The Electronic Funds Act / Regulation E

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I am a former employee

In filing a dispute with AccountNow for $40.00 that was never dispensed at an ATM, AccountNow totally ignores Credit Laws, and does not pursue with parties responsible and doesn't follow federal law regarding disputes. I will now go to Small Claims because as of this date, they are "reopening" the dispute and of course nothing will happen with that. I will also seek punitive damages for these people just blowing me off and ignoring Federal Laws.

Kathryn
san francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2006 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AccountNow/San-Ramon-California-94583/AccountNowcom-AccountNownet-VIOLATORS-OF-FRCA-AND-FACTA-LAWS-FOR-DISPUTES-San-Ramon-Cal-217276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AccountNow

Accountnow is violating The Electronic Funds Act / Regulation E

AUTHOR: Liz - (U.S.A.)

I just spoke with the manager (CARMEN) of the dispute dept. for Accountnow. She was extremely rude and unprofessional and told me to take my business elsewhere. She does not know requirements of REGULATION E . This is a shady company and I will be taking this company to court for principal.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I'm not suprised to see such complaints against this company. As the founder of a property management corporation myself, with over $225,000 in annual revenue, I was ashamed within weeks of beginning employment with AccountNow.

I was originally hired to spearhead an outbound sales campaign with the verbal promise of a large raise after proving my skills. After altering my hours, defaulting upon my benefits, and harassing me, I was cornered into being terminated.

My class-action lawsuit against them is still being organized. There are hidden and indirect scandals in many of their practices. The product itself is obviously questionable, as it is marketed towards individuals with poor financial management skills. These, historically, are the best crowd to target a rip-off operation to.

The call center is horribly managed, records are not kept secure, and employees were not properly screened. Tim Coltrell and Matt Montes, executives at AccountNow, previously spearheaded the catastrophe of NextCard, Inc., which after years of accounting fraud and stock option scandals finally cheated themselves into bankruptcy.

My family's venture coporation was a previous large shareholder of NextCard, so it was very interesting to work with Tim and Matt. Sheilesh Mehta, CEO of Providian, is a large investor in AccountNow. Tom Burke, is the Manager of Customer Service. Marcella, at the time, was processing fraud complaints.

I sincerely feel sorry for the investors and original venture staff of this operation; their time and effort dedicated toward the original and honest cause of AccountNow has and will continue to fail in the worse way possible.

I will be happy to assist anyone with honest facts in any complaint or court case against this company. -- Robert ***, MBA (((email redcated)))

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds