Complaint Review: Accountnow

• Submitted: Tue, April 16, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: Accountnowsucks — Littleton Colorado
Accountnow

Accountnow Metabank Accountnow refuses to investigate charges from PRICELINE.com made fraudulently, costing me over $1,000 Internet

*UPDATE Employee: In Response to Your Concern

*General Comment: Why so many different customer service emails.

*Author of original report: Emails to Rebuttal are unanswered

*UPDATE Employee: In Response to Your Concern

*Author of original report: Account Now Will not Dispute Charges

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help.

Priceline.com and Experian.com billed my Accountnow account (Metabank) for over $1,000 in charges.  Accountnow is either refusing to investigate, or ignoring my request to investigate.

Thankfully, Accountnow.com, in its wisdom, inserted an ARBITRATION AGREEMENT in its Terms and Conditions, which I have filed with arbitration company, Jams. (Jamsadr.com).

Jams is very expensive.  The consumer pays nothing, an Metabank will be required to fund the arbitration, which could cost over $20,000, since they must fly to DENVER, Colorado, to litigate.  Additionally, they have even provided an appeal process of the arbitration decision to a three member panel, which they would have to pay for.

I advise everyone with Accountnow problems to go ahead and file a complaint with Jamsadr.com (you need not pay anything) and mail a copy to accountnow with the contract found online.
Then, you may see your money returned, along with potential damages.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 05:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Accountnow/internet/Accountnow-Metabank-Accountnow-refuses-to-investigate-charges-from-PRICELINEcom-made-frau-1043601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Accountnow

In Response to Your Concern

Dear Customer,
I apologize for the delay in my reply. If you have any additional questions or feel your account issue is unresolved, I'd like to help. Unfortunately we cannot discuss your account information in a public forum. Can you please send us an email at customerserviceRR@accountnowinc.com and reference your name (as it appears on your card), last four digits of your card number, and best number to reach you at?
Sincerely,

#2 General Comment

Why so many different customer service emails.

AUTHOR: TW - ()

I don;t understand why so many customer service emails.  Most have one person in charge of responding that way they know what is going on.

Just received a letter from them with my daughter's name on it, saying there was unclaimed property.  We have never ever had anything to do with this bank.

If I were this customer, and the bank would not investigate until it got to this point, I would think that maybe someone at the bank is making the fraudulant charges.

Are they bound buy the rules of The Fed??

Emails to Rebuttal are unanswered

AUTHOR: Accountnowsucks - ()

I have sent several emails to the email address you have supplied that have gone unanswered.  I have also filed a demand for arbitration per your contract, which you have also ignored.

I will be requesting that the Arbitration Company, Jams, remove their name from your customer contract so that you cannot continue to utilize arbitration to avoid Class Actions.

I would highly recommend that you provide a solution or remedy immediately before I demand that Jams requires you to remove its name from your Contract for Arbitration.

In Response to Your Concern

Dear Customer,

Our Risk Department emailed you back on 4/19/13 regarding your claim although we have not heard back from you.

If you have any additional concerns or questions we’d like to help. Please send us an email at customerservicerr@accountnowinc.com or you can contact me directly if you still have my contact information.

Sincerely,

Account Now Will not Dispute Charges

AUTHOR: Accountnowsucks - ()

Accountnow has responded to me, but will not dispute the charges made fraudulently to my account.
Thankfully, I submitted a demand for arbitration as outlined in their contract with Jams Arbitration.
This will allow for a proper hearing at their expense to explain why they refuse to investigate the charges.  Their cost to arbitrate will be ten or twentyfold the amount of charges.

Accountnow customers should bank elsewhere.  There are many prepaid cards that are fair to customers.

We would like to help.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with charges billed to your account.  We would like to
help. Can you send us an email at customerserviceRR@accountnowinc.com and reference your name (as it appears on your card), last four digits of your card number, and phone number to contact you at?

Thanks,