Complaint Review: Accountnow.com

• Submitted: Wed, June 06, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, June 06, 2012

• Reported By: Chuck — Springfield Virginia United States of America

Accountnow.com Metabank Closed seldom used account with balance and is trying to keep MY MONEY! Internet

I have a few debit card accounts with different companies.  My card with Accountnow/Metabank has 0ver $1,400 on it and has not been used in a while. I check my account the other day to use the funds and it said 'account deactivated'.

I call and told them I needed MY funds.  They told me that I would have to write to the depositor and request an indemnification form be sent to them.  I indicated that I could not provide that historical data as I had no way of determining exactly who deposited the funds.  As an IT consultant, I have worked and been paid by MANY different companies over dozens of years!

My provision of all of the security information I gave them in setting up my account seems not to be sufficient for them to withdraw MY funds!  "Can I join someone in suing them or reporting them to the FDIC(?) or FTC??".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2012 12:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Accountnowcom/internet/Accountnowcom-Metabank-Closed-seldom-used-account-with-balance-and-is-trying-to-keep-MY-M-893510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Accountnow.com