Complaint Review: Accue Billiards

• Submitted: Sun, December 11, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, December 20, 2005

• Reported By:New Bedford Massachusetts
Accue Billiards
3057 Acushnet Ave. New Bedford, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Accue Billiards ripoff $500.00 karaoke scam the whole thing was fixed and embarrassing New Bedford Massachusetts

*Author of original report: its suppose to be "FUN"

*Consumer Comment: Stick to the subject at hand

*Consumer Comment: After this horrible ordeal...

*Consumer Comment: That's Horrible

I had qualified to be in a karaoke contest for $500.00 at Accue Billiards just to find out that the whole thing was fixed. Not only was it fixed, they humiliated me too. I just want to warn people so no one else buys in to it.

After all contestants, including myself, had finished singing our songs for the contest we were waiting for the judges to choose the winner. I was then approached by the owner in front of everyone and was asked to come with him. Upon following him back behind the bar and into a room, I was then accused of singing the same song in a previous contest to qualify.

The rules were that you couldn't sing a song that you've already done in the contest. I had explained that I hadn't done that song already. If they bothered to ask the dj, they would have known that.

As soon as they asked me that, I knew I wasn't going to win. The man they did choose sang really well but lots of people told me it should have been me.

Already embarrassed and angry about what they did to me, I learned a whole lot more to it the next morning. I had spoken to my sister who was also supposed to be in the contest but couldn't make it cause of being out of state. It was then when I learned just how mutch of a scam it really was.

She told me how the guy they had chosen to win was allowed to be a judge after qualifying. He purposly gave her low scores cause she did so well.

When I told my sister that he sang "Sweet Child of Mine", she replied, " That was one of the songs I qualified with". Isn't that against the rules? After all, that is what they were accusing me of!

I believe they set up a scam just to try to pick up business cause no one likes going there anymore. It was nothing but lies, cheeting, and ambarrassment. I will never go there again!!!

Jill
New Bedford, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2005 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Accue-Billiards/New-Bedford-Massachusetts-02740/Accue-Billiards-ripoff-50000-karaoke-scam-the-whole-thing-was-fixed-and-embarrassing-New-167590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Accue Billiards

its suppose to be "FUN"

AUTHOR: Jill - (U.S.A.)

Hey, ya know, ya win some and loose some...no biggie. I always have fun either way. That is all it's about is having fun. Or at least what it is suppose to be about.

But it is a different story when the owner comes up to you in front of everyone like you're a criminal or something. Then asks you to follow him to the back so he can interrogate you when you've done nothing wrong.

It only made it worse to find that they treated me that way for nothing cause the whole thing was a rip-off in the first place. Just wanted to warn others of how they treat their customers.

Stick to the subject at hand

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Jill from New Bedford has stated that she does not care about winning, but warning others that the rules to the contest are enforced unequally. Not only did the other Party violate the afformentioned rules, but the business did not handle the case professionally. It appears to be Biased, and people should be able to hear her side, as well as someone who has a rebuttal that means something.

After this horrible ordeal...

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

How do you even find the strength to get out of bed in the morning?

That's Horrible

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

Even though "I won the karaoke contest at Accue Billiards" will look really good on your resume, and probably solicit thousands of agents and record companies banging on your door to sign multi-million dollar contracts, I would probably just get on with my life and not worry about it. Can't you think of better things to do with your computer?