• Report: #520059

• Updated: Tue, February 16, 2010

• Reported By: Chris — Preston Texas United States of America
Ace Cash Express
1231 Greenway Drive, Suite 600 Irving, Texas United States of America

Ace Cash Express Harassment, violation of Fair debto Collection Act concerning privacy violation to unauthorized thrid party Irving, Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Collectors usually have to pass a credit check...

*Consumer Comment: Not an FDCPA violation

I have received several calls from the collections dept case manager assigned to my case his name is Benjamin. He was very professional in attempting to work with me to resolve the issue.  When the case manager placed me on hold to get his supervisors approval of the arrangement we had worked out, the supervisor who is a real idiot came on the line and was rude from the beginning of the conversation. I explained to him my situation and that I wanted to repay the loan immediately as soon as I had the money to do so.  I stated that I would get a payment into them by the 28th of this month and he became irratated stating thats not how this works, and I should borrow the money from a family member.  He accused me of choosing not wanting to borrow the money and he then went on to a tirate that was appalling. I realized that I couldn't work through the issue with the un-professional SOB, I hung up and called the case manager back to inform him that I would keep the arrangement we had worked out regardless.  By the way I have returned every call to these SOB's and all they do is insult you in every way possible.  They call family, freinds, former employers and anyone else they can locate by using your private information from various sources they use that is available to companies that practice debt collections. These companies are helpful when you need them and when the collection dept. gets involved the scum of the earth is what takes those shit jobs because they can't find a quality job because of their personal past history. I found that out by doning my own research using the same information entities they use. i resolve the issue ASAP but I'm not done with that supervisor yet. He made a professional mistake by violating a federal law call the Fair Debt Collection Act that has strict guidelines they must follow, and he broke the law regarding several of the statues.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2009 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ace-Cash-Express/Irving-Texas-75038/Ace-Cash-Express-Harassment-violation-of-Fair-debto-Collection-Act-concerning-privacy-vi-520059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ace Cash Express

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Collectors usually have to pass a credit check...

AUTHOR: C - (U.S.A.)

Apparently you don't know that people that have collections jobs usually have to pass a credit check and their bonus checks are more than most people make in a month, and that is in addition to their wages from $14 to $20 an hour. Do your homework before you make judgements about something you obviously know nothing about. If you think they broke collection laws, then by all means, file a formal complaint. I know for a fact that ACE collectors really stretch it, because it's all about the money. There's a way to do collections and a way not to- but if they don't make their numbers then they lose that high paying job.

Not an FDCPA violation

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

You have certainly set forth allegations of some deplorable collections practices. However, they are not in violation of the FDCPA.

The FDCPA applies to third party collectors (collection agencies and attorneys). It does not apply when the creditor conducts their own collections.

A "first party creditor," which is what you are dealing with, has ALOT more leeway, per federal law at least. They can call whoever they want to try to collect from you.

You may be looking at violations of state collection or harrassment laws, but I doubt it. The law generally favors a first party creditor's actions in collecting on debts.

Best regards!